Author Topic: CST Microwave Studio 3d modeler size limits  (Read 2596 times)

Offline MrOmnosTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • BE in Electronics and Communication
CST Microwave Studio 3d modeler size limits
« on: August 07, 2017, 07:37:51 am »
I am trying to design a vivaldi antenna in CST microwave studio. I am trying to do draw an analytical curve with equations u(t)= t, v(t)= s*exp(r*t), w(t)= 0. Parameters are as follows s= 1mm, r = 1.1 and Parameter range (max) = 52.5mm. But I am getting an error that 'Body size is outside dynamic range of 3D modeler' . 5 cm is too big for the 3 modeler? What's the problem?

Offline tec5c

• Frequent Contributor
Re: CST Microwave Studio 3d modeler size limits
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 12:41:04 am »
u(t)= t, v(t)= s*exp(r*t), w(t)= 0. Parameters are as follows s= 1mm, r = 1.1 and Parameter range (max) = 52.5mm.

What is t equal to?

Offline erre208

Re: Límites de tamaño del modelador CST Microwave Studio 3d
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 05:04:57 pm »
I am trying to design a vivaldi antenna in CST microwave studio. I am trying to do draw an analytical curve with equations u(t)= t, v(t)= s*exp(r*t), w(t)= 0. Parameters are as follows s= 1mm, r = 1.1 and Parameter range (max) = 52.5mm. But I am getting an error that 'Body size is outside dynamic range of 3D modeler' . 5 cm is too big for the 3 modeler? What's the problem?

I have the same error, what was the solution please

Offline Andrey_irk

• Regular Contributor
Re: CST Microwave Studio 3d modeler size limits
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 06:28:51 am »
I suppose it will go away if you decrease the quality of the model i.e. get rid of the small features or use less points. It gives you the error because it cannot create an appropriate mesh and that is because there are small features (relative to the size of the whole model) that it fails to approximate.
You can check if I'm right if you go to the mesh view and try to create it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf