Author Topic: How to add this amplifier to these tx/rx pairs?  (Read 1913 times)

Offline BeaminTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • If you think my Boobs are big you should see my ba
How to add this amplifier to these tx/rx pairs?
« on: November 03, 2017, 03:49:17 am »
My questions to connect the tx modual to the amp do I need 50 ohm coax? Will wires work in its place? Should I find a ground on the TX and connect that up the outside of the amps SMA connector/will the amp not work if just one lead is connected to the center of the SMA connector?

Since I cant find a decoder/encoder chip for this what kind of Arduino circuit will work in its place? The encoder chip had four switches that when pressed the decoder chip would chip on the RX would light up a corresponding LED. I am trying to emulate that with the Arduino. Some one mentioned Manchester encoding. What would I look for as far as an Arduino sketch that could do that? Is there a data protocol that makes two arduinos "talk to each other" using just one pin ( the radio has one input pin and receiver has one output that goes into the decoder. IF there is a chip that you know of that will work in its place that would be preferred. Seems like a lot of de/encoders would work over this I just have no idea where to look.

FYI: This project is just for fun to test out low power long distance directional antennas. The focus will be learning the antennas so I want to make the hardware part reliable so that's not part of the variable or spend a whole bunch of time writing C code which I can't do much more then copy and paste.

Lots of questions. If you know of links/videos where I can copy/learn that would always be helpful but for now I'm not even sure where to look. I got the idea from a youtube video I saw where he uses an encoder chip. I want to take his design then focus on improving range:

So these are the TX/RXPair:

1Lot= 5pair (10pcs) 433Mhz RF transmitter and receiver Module link kit /ARM/MCU WL diy electronic kit
TX Technical Specifications:
Receiver module parameters
1.Product Model: MX-05V
2.Operating voltage: DC5V
3.Quiescent Current: 4mA
4.Receiving frequency: 433.92MHZ
5.Receiver sensitivity:-105DB
6.Size: 30 * 14 * 7mm
7.External antenna: 32CM single core wire, wound into a spiral I don't know if y units have this. I hoping they have a spot on the board where I can solder
Technical parameters of the transmitter head
1.Product Model: MX-FS-03V
2.Launch distance :20-200 meters (different voltage, different results)
3.Operating voltage :3.5-12V
4.Dimensions: 19 * 19mm
5.Operating mode: AM
6.Transfer rate: 4KB / S
7.Transmitting power: 10mW
8.Transmitting frequency: 433M
9.An external antenna: 25cm ordinary multi-core or single-core line
10.Pinout from left ? right: (DATA; VCC; GND)
Application environment
Remote control switch, receiver module, motorcycles, automobile anti-theft products, home security products, electric doors, shutter doors, windows, remote control socket, remote control LED, remote audio remote control electric doors, garage door remote control, remote control retractable doors, remote volume gate, pan doors, remote control door opener, door closing device control system, remote control curtains, alarm host, alarm, remote control motorcycle remote control electric cars, remote control MP3.
Remark
1.VCC voltage module operating voltage and good power filtering;
2.Great influence on the antenna module reception, preferably connected to the 1/4 wavelength of the antenna, typically 50 ohm single conductor, the length of the antenna 433M of about 17cm;
3.Antenna position has also affected the reception of the module, the installation, the antenna as possible straight away from the shield, high pressure, and interference source; frequency used to receive, decode and oscillation resistor should match with the transmitter.

And this is the amp (sorry I can't copy and paste the description) But basically This is the most info I can find off of it.
 1Mhz-2GHz amp
12VDC input
"20db"
"I=75ma"
To be taken with a grain of salt . I see lots of these on ebay for 10 from china so they must have some sort of use in a product. What for I don't know. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1MHz-to-3000MhZ-3GHz-2-4G-Broadband-Low-Noise-Amplifier-RF-LNA-Amp-Module-40DB-VHF/32813183120.html?src=google&albslr=221722480&isdl=y&aff_short_key=UneMJZVf&source=%7Bifdyn:dyn%7D%7Bifpla:pla%7D%7Bifdbm:DBM&albch=DID%7D&src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=708-803-3821&isdl=y&aff_short_key=UneMJZVf&albcp=653482935&albag=32646801963&slnk=&trgt=68416666751&plac=&crea=en32813183120&netw=g&device=c&mtctp=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIq-Ptobmh1wIVhF6GCh08XwZqEAQYBCABEgKNJPD_BwE
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 191
Images in your signature must be no greater than 500x25 pixels

Offline Mjolinor

• Frequent Contributor
Re: How to add this amplifier to these tx/rx pairs?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 04:06:05 am »

You will be breaking the law putting an amplifier on, If it is a learning exercise you will learn more by using them without.

If you are sure you want an amplifier then buy a mini circuits one they will not bleed all over the spectrum and trash your (and your neighbours) TV.

Most of the modules already put out the maximum permitted power and the specification of the antennas you are allowed to use is also laid down in law. Receiving antenna can be anything you like but the EIRP of the transmitter may not exceed the numbers stated in the standard.

I do have a PIC assembler routine for NRZ removal, if you want a copy I can try to find it for you. I think I also have the other side of it for decoding that may be written in C. My dim memory suggests I may have used a Pi for that and for sure I would not have written that end in assembler so it is likely to be very crappily written C.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 05:12:29 am »

You will be breaking the law putting an amplifier on, If it is a learning exercise you will learn more by using them without.

If you are sure you want an amplifier then buy a mini circuits one they will not bleed all over the spectrum and trash your (and your neighbours) TV.

Most of the modules already put out the maximum permitted power and the specification of the antennas you are allowed to use is also laid down in law. Receiving antenna can be anything you like but the EIRP of the transmitter may not exceed the numbers stated in the standard.

I do have a PIC assembler routine for NRZ removal, if you want a copy I can try to find it for you. I think I also have the other side of it for decoding that may be written in C. My dim memory suggests I may have used a Pi for that and for sure I would not have written that end in assembler so it is likely to be very crappily written C.
Yes that would be great. The PIC assemble routine feeds into the Arduino?

I really just want to get the think working first and if I can get it working I can worry about all the bureaucracy latter. I appreciate your consideration for redtape but (not saying you re doing this) don't use that as excuse to with hold information: Most people are going to do it anyways but if they had access  to all the info first the amount of potential damage is much lower then just having no idea what you are doing and blasting out power on the cell phone bands because some one withheld information that would have allowed you to be aware of what not to do.

Since I have never made an amplifier circuit before and I want to try it out.

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 07:14:49 am »
OK, obligatory 'don't do it, it's against the law' warning, not only might it land you in hot water, it would possibly upset a lot of people who suddenly find their doorbells, garage doors, baby alarms, thermostats, remote control plug sockets etc. stop working or do weird things.

Now that's out of the way, you don't need the amplifiers to conduct your tests, in fact they may even be a hindrance as you need to implement TX/RX switching and walk a *long* way to make minor changes.

Better antennae make more range than adding extra power into a poor antenna, plus they scale for line of sight, so experimenting with extreme low power to achieve best range over shorter distances is useful before you jump into higher power.

There is a *lot* of information on antenna design out on the web, 434MHz is near as damn it a ham band so there will be lots of plans for 70CM antennae with gain, tuning one of those for use on your TX/RX pairs will make your life a lot simpler.

PIC code, if in C should be pretty simple to port to Arduino, I've done it a few times the other way round so PIC examples are useful if they work, even if you only read the code to see where yours is going wrong, having said that, 433MHz modules have been around a *long* time so there should be many Arduino examples out there, again choose one, test it, choose another, test it, see how the range works out (those AM modules are crap and range is easily affected by bad code, there are, again, plenty of web resources which explain it nicely)...

The following users thanked this post: Beamin

Offline Mjolinor

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 10:20:16 am »

The PIC code is written in assembler. It would not fit in the PIC in anything else. :)

I will see if I can find, it is at least five years since I did anything with it.

Offline Mjolinor

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 10:32:00 am »
OK. Here is the assembler listing.

When compiled this is 6 bytes short of filling a 12F635 processor.

This is in a device that you connect to a low voltage feeder in a substation for monitoring the voltage and current.
What it does is:

Find zero cross on voltage.
Measure voltage
Find zero cross on current
Measure current (Rogowski coil)
Measure phase angle between V and I
Measure frequency (voltage input only)
Apply NRZ removal
Convert the data to rs232 at 9600 baud (IIRC)
Transmit data every 25 seconds (again I may not be remembering that time correctly)

I will look for the Raspi bit some more, it is proving hard to find right now.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 10:48:21 am by Mjolinor »

Offline Mjolinor

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 11:03:02 am »

OK. This is the RASPI bit I think. It may not be the full version.

Warning: One should don ones Tena pants before reading my C coding as it may cause uncontrollable fits of laughter.

This uses RRD database to make graphs over time for power state presented on a web page. It may not be the whole thing, I may have split it across different files, I just can't remember. If you can't find something then post back and I will look for it.

Offline Mjolinor

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 11:10:55 am »

Just so you know what the thing looks like here is a picture of the finished prototype.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 11:54:15 am »

Just so you know what the thing looks like here is a picture of the finished prototype.

Looks like a brand new mouse and key board. So whats it do? Whats that red coil for the antenna? I think your explanation was a bit too technical.

Offline Mjolinor

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 12:10:47 pm »

It clips round an electricity cable to measure volts, amps, phase angle and frequency. You have maybe 30 of those in an LV substation and they all talk to one Raspi which then present the data from the sensors on a web page.

The orange thing is a Rogowski coil for measuring the current.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf