Author Topic: Need low cost Bluetooth Audio module that transmits as AUDIO SOURCE  (Read 1509 times)

Offline kjhuebnerTopic starter

I need a low cost Bluetooth audio module that acts as "Bluetooth AUDIO SOURCE" that transmits audio data TO a Bluetooth speaker. 

I would like something under $10 -- and ideally, under $5.00.  Perhaps a low cost Chinese module.

I can find lots of low cost Bluetooth audio modules that work as AUDIO SINK -- which can receive audio data.

But no low cost AUDIO SOURCE modules have I found.  :-\

The Silicon Labs WT32i costs $20, which is too high priced for my product development purposes.

Ken Huebner
Hardware Engineer

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
There are lots of products out there for under $10 which will do just that but they're all consumer items, that does however ean they're available and they're cheap enough for your needs.

Maybe buy one or two different versions to rip apart and hopefully find a source?

The first that came up in my search:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-Bluetooth-Transmitter-A2DP-3-5mm-Stereo-Music-Audio-Receiver-TV-DVD-PC-/362044218462?epid=19005746297&hash=item544b845c5e:g:LbMAAOSwAAVZbx-z

I also think it's likely that they're the same as the 'receivers' but programmed/configured differently so it may be possible to reconfigure a 'receiver'?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf