Author Topic: New Heathkit Product Announced - Precision RF Meter  (Read 2916 times)

Online xrunnerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
New Heathkit Product Announced - Precision RF Meter
« on: June 21, 2017, 03:29:48 pm »
Just received an email announcing this.

Precision RF Meter - HM-1002 - pre-order

$ 575.00

Apparently you can enter certain parameters of your system, and it can do extra calculations such as ERP. It works with two sensors though. It also measures your transmission to +/- 100 Hz. Not very good set of pics either. Check it out.

Link -

Heathkit HM-1002
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline scdreger

• Contributor
Re: New Heathkit Product Announced - Precision RF Meter
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 11:35:49 pm »
The product seems pretty nice, but the price is a little off putting. I wish they had some more affordable kits besides the clockradio (which is itself rather expensive for what it is).

Offline German_EE

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 09:53:11 am »
Here's a better option, and it's a hundred bucks cheaper.

http://www.telepostinc.com/lp100.html

NIST source calibrated as well.
Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.

Warren Buffett

Offline N2IXK

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 03:13:53 pm »
I wish they had some more affordable kits besides the clockradio (which is itself rather expensive for what it is).

They offer a clock radio?  I saw a clock kit, and a radio kit, but not a clock radio kit.

Not sure where the new "Heathkit" is getting their product ideas from.  $575 for an SWR/Wattmeter is quite steep.

They could have come up with a modernized version of their venerable HM-102 (maybe with a cross-needle meter?) for considerably less than this, and they would surely sell a lot more of them.
"My favorite programming language is...SOLDER!"--Robert A. Pease

Offline scdreger

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 12:28:03 am »
I wish they had some more affordable kits besides the clockradio (which is itself rather expensive for what it is).

They offer a clock radio?  I saw a clock kit, and a radio kit, but not a clock radio kit.

Not sure where the new "Heathkit" is getting their product ideas from.  $575 for an SWR/Wattmeter is quite steep.

They could have come up with a modernized version of their venerable HM-102 (maybe with a cross-needle meter?) for considerably less than this, and they would surely sell a lot more of them.

Not sure why I was calling it a clock radio.  ::) Yes, I meant the "reliable clock kit," or whatever it's called.

Offline WastelandTek

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 12:41:02 am »
Seems like all the offerings in this Heath reboot have been...a little odd.  I'm just not sure who they think their market is.
I'm new here, but I tend to be pretty gregarious, so if I'm out of my lane please call me out.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf