Author Topic: NRF24L01+ noisy spectrum; genuine / counterfeit  (Read 2218 times)

Offline VaZsoTopic starter

NRF24L01+ noisy spectrum; genuine / counterfeit
« on: March 11, 2017, 01:33:48 am »
Hi,

My colleague and me have found some interesting details about NRF24L01 chip.
I have put a somewhat long story here (sorry for cross-linking).
We could successfully identify which chip is genuine and which is counterfeit by measuring current after powering them up. We have also made some destructive tests before to see if our modules really have original ICs inside.

I am writing here as I hope there are professionals here who know much more about RF regulations than us and have more experiences in this area.
I have posted a message in the above mentioned thread with some photos / videos made of a Rohde&Schwarz spectrum analyzer (EMI tester) while it was measuring our transmitter / receiver which worked with NRF24L01+ ICs.

There were some noises in the spectrum with every modules of us and we don't really know how should we handle the situation.
As many company use this chip from Nordic Semiconductor, I assume they should meet the requirements of regulations, but it would be good to hear it from someone who has deeper knowledge about this.
We mainly would like to use it in Europe / EU, but informations about other parts of the world may also help...

Also, we found a module (RF24L01F20) which seems to also have FCC / CE / IC certifications.

What is your opinion about this (unwanted noise in spectrum)?

Thank you your help in advance.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 01:37:03 am by VaZso »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf