Author Topic: RFM69HW-433 and Linx Technologies ANT-433-SP - radio module gets killed  (Read 940 times)

Offline miduchpTopic starter

• Contributor
Hello everyone,

I'm quite a newbie regarding RF designs. I've recently started to experiment with RFM69HW-433 modules to put them together with my Atmega based sensors. In order to have compact design, I've started to experimeth with Linx Technologies sourface mount antennas https://www.linxtechnologies.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/ant-433-sp.pdf
I've prepared following adapter , in order to experiment with radios using prototype boards.

The problem is my radios are getting killed. After a short time, there radios staring to have short circuit. It was not happening whem I was using antenna of 1/4 wavelength done from piece of wire.

Should I have some matching circuit for antenna ? Is there any way to tune it without spectrum analyzer ?

Could you be so kind to give me any clue / materials to read so I could fix this issue ?

Regards,
Piotr

Offline Gribo

• Frequent Contributor
Re: RFM69HW-433 and Linx Technologies ANT-433-SP - radio module gets killed
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 01:52:35 pm »
The ANT433 is DC coupled to ground. Make sure your module has a DC blocking capacitor. Also, you might want to add a matching network, as the antenna might not be exactly 50 Ohm on your board.
I am available for freelance work.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf