Author Topic: Video: 3rd order Intermodulation Distortion basics, and the effect in a receiver  (Read 738 times)

Offline w2aewTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • I usTa cuDnt speL enjinere, noW I aR wuN
    • My YouTube Channel
I recently posted a video that covers the basics of 3rd order IMD (intermodulation distortion), including some of the basic effects inside a radio receiver and how simple front end attenuation can help to alleviate the problems caused by it.

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/w2aew
FAE for Tektronix
Technical Coordinator for the ARRL Northern NJ Section

The following users thanked this post: Mechatrommer, srce, Grandchuck

Offline RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
Please go back to pencil and paper style, with live operated instruments on a workbench, with circuits and wires, pointing to the signals on the screens and so on, not computer graphics.

Thanks for all the great videos!  :-+
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 06:36:01 pm by RoGeorge »

Offline w2aewTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • I usTa cuDnt speL enjinere, noW I aR wuN
    • My YouTube Channel
Please go back to pencil and paper style, with live operated instruments on a workbench, with circuits and wires, pointing to the signals on the screens and so on, not computer graphics.

Thanks for all the great videos!  :-+

I certainly will.  This video is an offshoot of something I did for work, so that's why it has a little more of a professional (less personal) feel to it.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/w2aew
FAE for Tektronix
Technical Coordinator for the ARRL Northern NJ Section

The following users thanked this post: RoGeorge

Offline paul002

• Regular Contributor
I agree, the paper and pencil approach is what we really enjoy. Also as an amateur how can I measure this with limited equipment. I just got rid of all the spurs of my DDS VFO :) now I am looking at my first mixer which is now a common 4 diode balanced mixer, maybe to replace it by a jfet mixer in common source or common gate. Interesting to see some of these in comparison. But I like the video's you make. Thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf