Author Topic: SDR that was able to display signals coming from diff directiondifferent colors?  (Read 2207 times)

Offline cdevTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • !
I vaguely remember seeing this a few years ago. Somebody had made a build of some SDR software that they modified to work with a multi-input receiver or specialized antenna array? Multiple receivers?

anyway it was a demonstrated working system that could in realtime not just determine the direction the signal was coming from but also display it in different colors in the waterfall, the waterfall was colored with the directions of different signals- visualized in color, in realtime.

I am sure I bookmarked and saved it but now cant find it. Does anybody know what I am talking about, or where it can be found? Seems like a cool project.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 11:33:40 pm by cdev »
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline hendorog

• Super Contributor
Not sure if this is it, but I remember seeing this a while back which sounds similar:

http://www.rtl-sdr.com/building-a-passive-radar-system-with-an-rtl-sdr/

• Super Contributor
  • !
No, that's not the thing I was referring to,
 (Still that experimenters underlying technique of running multiple dongles off a single crystal oscillator is a great idea)

Offline piranha32

• Supporter
    • random ramblings of an engineer

The following users thanked this post: cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
Thats it, thank you! Isn't the idea pretty neat!

Offline jpanhalt

• Super Contributor
That method of using the phase relation of an E-field antenna to resolve the 180° ambiguity inherent in crossed loop H-field antennas has been used in ADF for many years (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_direction_finder#Automatic_direction_finder_.28ADF.29).

Neat to see it applied to SDR receivers.

John

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf