Author Topic: Source for small SMA bandpass filters  (Read 1444 times)

Offline MattSRTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Source for small SMA bandpass filters
« on: March 12, 2018, 10:19:18 am »
Does anyone have a good source of RF bandpass filters, of various frequencies and bandwidths from 50MHz to 6GHz?

I need them as front end filters on an SDR receiver that is wide open.

Thanks!

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline daqq

• Super Contributor
    • My site
Re: Source for small SMA bandpass filters
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 12:00:14 pm »
Try searching minicircuits - they've got all things RF.
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Offline ThomasDK

• Regular Contributor
  • B.Eng. EE
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 02:08:34 pm »
Crystek has a range of filters as well. Mouser carries them.

Thomas

Offline medical-nerd

• Regular Contributor
  • What's that coming over the hill?
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 02:43:37 pm »
Hiya

Don't know how to include the reference in this, but in the thread ' Breadboarding at RF ' the member whalpen posted details of his filter pcb's
:

Attached are some PCB layouts (Kicad files and Gerbers.) Schematic PDFs are there, too.  I've shared them all on OSH Park in case you just want to get the boards. (Links are in the attached file.)  Because they're so small, they are very cheap on OSH Park.  (The filters are $2.55 for three PCBs, delivered.)  The filter modules use 0805 parts, but 0806 and 0603 parts can fit, too.  You may notice a couple of the boards are laid out linearly.  One is laid out with adjacent inductors orthogonal to minimize interaction.

I typically purchase the capacitors and inductors from DigiKey.  I use low cost 50V ceramic caps C0G/NP0 or X7R.  For the HF and VHF stuff I do I haven't found any noticeable difference with the higher cost RF caps.  For inductors I prefer wirewound, low series resistance.  I also keep a couple of full sets of cheap capacitors from AliExpress to use in case I run out or need an uncommon value.  I've had good experience with the ones from China, except that I sometimes find them mis-lableled.  For example 15pF caps labeled as 13pF.  I always measure the values before using them.

Dunno what frequency they go up to but they look interesting.  I'm waiting for some to arrive.   :)

Also there are these:

https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/RwCKDBgk

Cheers
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 02:58:15 pm by medical-nerd »
'better to burn out than fade away'

Offline Lord of nothing

• Super Contributor
Made in Japan, destroyed in Sulz im Wienerwald.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf