Author Topic: Unfamilar coaxial connector  (Read 1116 times)

Offline SpencerTCTopic starter

• Contributor
  • Curious mind
Unfamilar coaxial connector
« on: August 14, 2018, 05:31:50 am »
Hello all,

I was cleaning up the lab at work today and ran across some coax connectors that are unfamiliar to me. They have a relatively small outside diameter of 5mm and an odd collar that looks like you pull back on (reminds me of a compressed air quick disconnect) to release 2 barbs that seem like they would lock it in place with the female version. Can anyone tell me the name of these connectors? Their primary uses? Assuming they are used for RF/MW what frequencies could one expect out of them reliably?

I'm mostly just curious, as I don't have anything to use with them, it would be nice to know in case I ever run into a case where they may be required though.

Thanks in advance,

Trent Spencer

Offline helius

• Super Contributor
Re: Unfamilar coaxial connector
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 06:05:00 am »
Looks like a push-pull connector from Lemo, Fischer, or Redel, or a knockoff from the far east. These types are not very commonly used.

Online Alex Eisenhut

• Super Contributor
  • Place text here.
Hoarder of 8-bit Commodore relics and 1960s Tektronix 500-series stuff. Unconventional interior decorator.

Offline SpencerTCTopic starter

• Contributor
  • Curious mind
Re: Unfamilar coaxial connector
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 05:18:52 am »
Wow, that is even more unusual than I was expecting.

I'll keep it in my kit in case I ever run across a need for it, but I don't expect that to happen.

Thank you for your response, I doubt I would have ran across that information myself.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf