Author Topic: wifi and wireless Exchange  (Read 901 times)

Offline yalectTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
wifi and wireless Exchange
« on: September 22, 2018, 10:44:26 am »
Hi,
I would like to ask you if I can use wireless mouse or keyboard reciever as wifi adaptor espcially both have same frequency 2.4Ghz, maybe the matter is softwar to deal with protocol of wifi?
Regards

Offline TheUnnamedNewbie

• Super Contributor
  • mmwave RFIC/antenna designer
Re: wifi and wireless Exchange
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 11:46:03 am »
Hi,
I would like to ask you if I can use wireless mouse or keyboard reciever as wifi adaptor espcially both have same frequency 2.4Ghz, maybe the matter is softwar to deal with protocol of wifi?
Regards

My microwave also operates at 2.4 GHz, but I cannot make that into a wifi system in any way. There is a lot more to the protocol than just the band it operates in. Likely your adapter is either some flavour of bluetooth, or a in-house protocol (like logitec's stuff). It could even be that your dongle is only a receiver, and wifi needs both parties to have a transmitter and receiver.
The best part about magic is when it stops being magic and becomes science instead

"There was no road, but the people walked on it, and the road came to be, and the people followed it, for the road took the path of least resistance"

Offline bob225

• Frequent Contributor
Re: wifi and wireless Exchange
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 12:58:13 pm »
It may be the same frequency but that's it, the power output is minuscule on a keyboard/mouse/receiver, the bandwidth will be much narrower and it will also use its own protocol

The basic keyboards are just use receiver dongles anyway

tbh its not worth messing about as wifi dongles are cheap (what ever connection you require) a no name one is 2-3 dollars or a Belkin n300 adapter for $8

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf