Author Topic: Bitscope BS325 review  (Read 9954 times)

Offline djsbTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Bitscope BS325 review
« on: January 25, 2010, 02:41:56 pm »
Hi,
Just found your blog and I love your enthusiasm and sense of humour.
Just had a read of the Rigol review and wondered if you had considered reviewing the latest Bitscope BS325 Unit http://www.bitscope.com/product/BS325/.
I'm still trying to decide about buying the Bitscope and would value your opinion even if you decided againt a full Blog Review.
Another idea is a review of Kicad, a free GPL pcb design programme which I use for my own designs http://kicad.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page .
Hope you find my suggestions interesting.
Thanks,

David.
London,UK
David
Hertfordshire,UK
University Electronics Technician, London PIC,CCS C,Arduino,Kicad, Altium Designer,LPKF S103,S62 Operator, Electronics instructor. Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Credited Kicad French to English translator.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: Bitscope BS325 review
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 08:43:23 am »
The showstopper with the Bitscope is the sample rate, it's only 40MS/s, that gives an effective single shot bandwidth of only 4MHz.
They haven't really updated the design much in over a decade, so IMO it's no longer competitive.
It's optoisolated which is nice for PC scope, and it does waveform generation and logic too.
But US$700 for a 40MS/s 2 channel 8 bit mixed signal scope is way overpriced IMO.

On a side note, I can remember way back when Bitscope asked me to write their PC software for the them. Wow, that was a long time ago...

Sorry, I can't review any CAD software for conflict of interest reasons.

Dave.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf