EEVblog > News/Suggestions/Help

Suggestions for Fundamental Friday

(1/10) > >>

AnalogFever:
First off, many thanks to Dave for his excellent takeoff on the first FF episode.  It is very well done, smooth, and informative. 

I am wondering if Dave can do lectures on various bridges used in analog electronics such as Wheatstone bridge, Wien bridge, and Maxwell bridge just to mention a few.

Of particular interest to me is the Wien bridge as I am trying to understand how this bridge is being used with rejection amplifier and bridge amplifier to null out the fundamental frequency in the HP334 Distortion Analyzer.

I think these bridge circuits are great gems of analog circuitry as they were also used to measure the value of an unknown component like an inductor, before the digital meters became popular.  I think there are other applications as well, so I am fairly confident that these would make for very good Fundamental Friday materials. 

Once again, thank you Dave and I look forward to see what you have in store for us.

Strada916:
And for the more advanced how about

Intergrater circuits and there uses.
dv/dt circuits and there uses.

And for a little more advanced.
La Pace Transforms and how they are implemented in electronics.
Fast Fourier Transforms also how they are implemented in electronics.

jmole:
I want to see a confirmation, or a rebuttal of this video:

pickle9000:
Electronics safety, not the rules but the concept.

This is one of the best descriptions I have seen, and yes it involves ohms law. Of particular interest if the table that shows how dangerous punctured skin can be.

http://www.mpoweruk.com/shock.htm

I know this stuff but think there are many who do not.

NiHaoMike:
What about sine wave vs. square wave inverters in motor drives? For a physical example, you could compare one of those Noctua fans (sine wave drive) against an el cheapo fan of the same size and power rating (square wave drive). Maybe even cover DSP drives that can dynamically vary the waveform based on operating conditions. (The Cindy Wu DSP drive technology in some high end Delta fans uses sine waves at low speeds for quietness and trapezoid waves at high speed for power.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version