Author Topic: Mailbag marathon?  (Read 2690 times)

Offline dumle29Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Mailbag marathon?
« on: June 27, 2013, 08:59:45 pm »
Hey there Dave, I thought that maybe you could do a mailbag marathon :) That would let you get through that stack of yours. Could be fun to watch too. Say you did a livestream or something? :P

duskglow

Re: Mailbag marathon?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 12:44:42 am »
I'm not necessarily for this, but I second the general idea.  Dave has expressed puzzlement as to why the Mailbag is such a popular segment.  Well, that's easy.  We all get to be surprised along with him - there's truly no idea of what's going to happen when he opens the envelope or box.  The lingerie proved that.  And sometimes it turns into a really interesting mini-teardown.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 01:04:24 am »
The live streaming doesn't lend itself well to recording quality footage for main youtube upload.
So it's a trade off between a few hundred people wanting to watch a live show and a few tens of thousands who want a more polished HD final video.

Offline mickpah

• Regular Contributor
    • Yeti Hacks
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 01:13:17 am »
get Doug back on and blow something up , haven't seen some good  destructive testing for a while. In a professional context of course  :)
Taking it apart = good  blowing it up = fun

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 04:32:25 am »
get Doug back on and blow something up , haven't seen some good  destructive testing for a while. In a professional context of course  :)

This, kids, is what happens when someone watches too much mythbusters.
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

Offline mickpah

• Regular Contributor
    • Yeti Hacks
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 04:53:49 am »

This, kids, is what happens when someone watches too much mythbusters.

Beg to differ - EEV#84 a case in point  :) I've heard it said you don't learn anything if it works the first time if the learning experience is harmlessly percussive so much the better( like the big words to justify blowing shit up?) , now I really should get back in the ceiling and run that cable

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf