0 (0%)
Other?
0 (0%)
Whatever...
4 (40%)
Please remove this, it's stupid!
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: One Million Dollar Solar Roadways Challenge  (Read 2156 times)

Offline Legit-DesignTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
One Million Dollar Solar Roadways Challenge
« on: June 24, 2014, 05:19:07 pm »
Ok, maybe not One million dollars.
Quote from: EEVblog @ [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvYv62X-DD0&google_comment_id=z122fjhywsrtvdskn22ludmy5yitclbtn
[/url] Comments..]
 If so, then if you think the "naysayers" are wrong then why don't you critique our (Mine & Thunderf00t's) calculations and points and prove that this thing is at least viable? I won't speak for Thunderf00t, but I for one will happily change my mind and support this project if you can prove that we are wrong and our calculations and tests are wrong.
If solar roadways can prove Dave wrong and Solar Roadways is viable, Dave will post a public apology telling how wrong he was. Dave will also start working on this project and preach it during that time, wear solar roadways swag, make positive videos about solar roadways saying how awesome they are. Dave will also use his decades of experience in electronics to work for the project. Dave will also start project to turn EEVblog industrial park headquarters walkways and any open areas into solar roadways powered. Since solar roadways are such awesome invention there will be no more power outages in the lab. Dave will also become a positive person, he change his shirt to "I only give positive feedback... Proudly powered by Solar Roadways, Thank You!" With solar roadways logo. These official t-shirts will be sold for 200$ because they are raising money to prove all the naysayers wrong.
Dave will also start to make special tutorial videos on how solar roadways science works and how it differs from normal science where you don't have to just believe in something but can prove it yourself instead.

Being viable means showing some valid engineering that this thing can do EVERYTHING it says.  Valid engineering includes unaltered data and calculations. Since these calculations are going to be very basic any college or even high school class can verify it. Calculations will have to be valid non-pie in the sky type. For example using a time machine to save people and calculating price for those people is not considered valid calculation. Tests will also have to be performed on the materials to determine their suitability for the task.

But wait they already got 750k$ to prove it to the government? And 2 Million dollars because they say they have proven it but can't show it yet until they get the money?

This is similar to One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 05:54:37 pm by Legit-Design »

Offline Legit-DesignTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: One Million Dollar Solar Roadways Challenge
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 12:09:21 am »
Hmm gather the 1 million dollars required for this through Crowdfunding? Indiegogo with Flexible funding! If the whole amount is not raised still get to keep most of the money, that's is win win all the way.

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: One Million Dollar Solar Roadways Challenge
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 12:27:11 am »
 :-DD

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf