Author Topic: Suggestion for Digilent Analog Discovery Review/Teardown  (Read 1839 times)

Offline polishdude20Topic starter

• Contributor
Suggestion for Digilent Analog Discovery Review/Teardown
« on: July 18, 2014, 11:18:57 pm »
Hi Dave!

I've been poking around the forums trying to find out about the Digilent Analog Discovery and I found out that you had one sent to you in the mailbag one time.
I know you've done many videos on cheap/usb/crappy scopes but this one might be different with all the functions it provides and the software it comes with.

I would love for you to do a review or teardown of it and see what you think!

The following users thanked this post: LariSan

Offline Syntax_Error

• Regular Contributor
Re: Suggestion for Digilent Analog Discovery Review/Teardown
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 01:19:12 am »
And a second vote for this!

I have an Analog Discovery as well, and am using it through the Real Analog course (Digilent's name for their Circuits 1 course) and it is really neat. I have no professional gear to compare it to, and I can tell it is limited to purely educational use, whether as part of a class or self-education.

Since it is a Xilinx FPGA inside that implements most of the custom logic, there is a notion that maybe it could be redesigned and reprogrammed to provide additional or different functionality, still making use of the input signal conditioning and sampling circuitry.
It's perfectly acceptable to not know something in the short term. To continue to not know over the long term is just laziness.

The following users thanked this post: RenE3

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf