EEVblog > News/Suggestions/Help

Troubleshooting Devices

(1/1)

Ryu.Hayabusa:
What about having a few blogs on how to troubleshoot something that isn't working properly?  Or better yet, invite viewers to send stuff that isn't working or has some quirk and blog on the process of finding and fixing the issue.

I'll be the first to send something since the damn manufacturer for my speakers refuses to tell me what component needs replaced in the subwoofer to stop this dreaded clicking/popping noise when the lights dim on the control pod.

Rerouter:
He has already done some troubleshooting videos, e.g. the quad copter one, and i would think veiwers sending in stuff would be iffy... most people would send in things like cell phones and speaker amplifiers such as yourself, while dave finds unique and obscure thing with the odd commercial product to keep things interesting,

as for your speakers popping when you turn it off, its from the amplifier dumping its bulk capacitance through the speaker coil, most cheaper units, such as my own compupal speakers do it, the only easy way to modify it is to add a delayed off relay, where the contact opening on the pod rapidly turns off a relay in between the speaker output, and then a delay be it an op amp and RC time constant or otherwise to turn the amplifier off afterwards,

T4P:
Many people don't even see his videos and the quadcopter video was only recently ... and ask about troubleshooting ... that gets on my nerves

In any case the only hope for the pop in amplifiers are delayed start

Ryu.Hayabusa:
Thanks for the tip, though this popping occurs while it's on, whether there is audio playing or not.  It kinda sounds like if you were to pulse on the input every ~500ms.

The control pod has a capacitive touch w/ light segments for the different inputs, volume, etc.  When the lights dim on that pod after you stop changing settings for a few secs, it begins that pulsed popping.  So far my fix has been to take off the capacitive input panel since the lights do not dim when it's not attached.

My guess was a capacitor not filtering something it should be, however I haven't been able to test all the caps due to my multimeter not giving a reading on some.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version