EEVblog > News/Suggestions/Help

Video Idea: Why do I need an _____?

(1/1)

resistor:
Just thought I'd toss out an idea I had for a (sequence) of videos: Why do I need a _____ ?

Everyone watching your videos knows what a handheld multimeter is, and most are probably familiar with an oscilloscope as well.  (And if not, you've got plenty of other videos covering them)  But why do I need a spectrum analyzer? A vector network analyzer?  A universal counter?  Even something as simple as a high-precision bench meter?

The idea would be to have a periodic feature focusing on a different type of less-common test equipment (vintage units fine), discuss what it does, why it's useful, and in what circumstances you might want to get one for your lab.  Ideally you could have some kind of demonstration of the kind of useful things you could do with it.

BravoV:
Great idea  :-+ , especially from an enthusiast's paradigm like my self.

Also don't forget the bench PSU  :P, just see those tons of threads or posts that the posters are so proud and happy using a modded PC's psu as an adjustable bench psu.

Nothing wrong though, especially they're lack of budget or they know exactly what they're doing.

Its just I believe many of them need to be enlightened about the risks, culprits and etc when tweaking with electronic circuits, especially the expensive ones.

EEVblog:
Not a bad idea...

Six_Shooter:
I'd watch this series of videos with interest. :D

romantronixlab:
I totally agree on this idea. That is what I was asking myself a couple days ago and really don't know that those equipment really do or even, how to use them.

BTW I made my own PSU out of a PC' power supply, but after seeing a lot of videos about bench PSU's and safety I will probably mod it to make it safer and of all make power controllable. Until my electronics budget is available to get a proper unit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version