Author Topic: $20 LCR ESR Transistor checker project  (Read 3434551 times)

carrascoso and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline tablatronix

• Regular Contributor
Re: $20 LCR ESR Transistor checker project
« Reply #3875 on: August 20, 2017, 03:08:01 pm »
I was only missing one resistor 3k3, the sellers pdf bom said 1 when there are 2 needed, so I had to stick a carbon in there for now.

So this appears to be ay-at ST7735 color 2017 version.

I read through https://github.com/svn2github/transistortester/blob/master/Doku/trunk/pdftex/english/ttester.pdf so I am understanding this a bit better now.

Finally got the config to save, it kept saying cap  > 100nf but I had to put a much larger cap in to get it to acknowledge for some reason.

Is there somewhere that describes the calibration proceedure and what the calibration values mean?

Yeah the resistors are shit, gotta be careful buying these cheaper chinese kits
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 03:21:42 pm by tablatronix »

The following users thanked this post: elecdonia

Offline tablatronix

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3876 on: August 20, 2017, 05:19:47 pm »
ah the rgb bitdepth is not a bug, makefile shows 6 bit G, that is how 16bit works on the ST7735

-16-bit/pixel: RGB=(565) using the 384k-bit frame
memory and LUT

It also supports 12bit..

Offline tablatronix

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3877 on: August 20, 2017, 06:20:02 pm »
hmm anybody build this with osx toolchain ?

avr-gcc -mmcu=atmega328p -Wl,--relax,-Map=TransistorTester.map lcd_hw_4_bit.o lcd-routines.o i2lcd.o PinLayout.o RvalOut.o UfAusgabe.o DisplayValue.o lcd-draw.o swuart.o wait1000ms.o  sleep_5ms.o ReadADC.o wait_for_key_ms.o RefVoltage.o get_log.o main.o Battery_check.o CheckPins.o GetResistance.o ChargePin10ms.o EntladePins.o ReadCapacity.o GetRLmultip.o Calibrate_UR.o show_Resis_Cap.o ReadInductance.o GetESR.o GetVloss.o GetFrequency.o function_menu.o message_key_released.o ReadBigCap.o CheckRotaryEncoder.o CalibrationCap.o ShowData.o CheckUJT.o EE_check_init.o samplingADC.o sampling_cap.o sampling_lc.o sampling_xtal.o    -o TransistorTester.elf
/usr/local/opt/avr-binutils/bin/avr-ld: BFD (GNU Binutils) 2.28 assertion fail ../../bfd/elf32-avr.c:2145
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [TransistorTester.elf] Error 1

Trying to make trunk/ST7735 any idea what the problem is ? I am super newb.
osx using brew

EDIT, looks like there was a bug that might be patched in binutils 2.28.1
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 07:30:37 pm by tablatronix »

Offline Per Hansson

• Supporter
« Reply #3878 on: August 20, 2017, 09:11:17 pm »
That's a really nice way to put the ISP connector tablatronix!

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #3879 on: August 20, 2017, 09:55:31 pm »
ah the rgb bitdepth is not a bug, makefile shows 6 bit G, that is how 16bit works on the ST7735

-16-bit/pixel: RGB=(565) using the 384k-bit frame
memory and LUT

It also supports 12bit..

You could bit-bang 12 bits with the ATmega, but the hardware SPI supports only bytes. It's a tradeoff between 4 bits less and compatibility  with the hardware SPI (which is significantly faster). I don't know if there are any visible display speed differences between k and m-firmware. The m-firmware uses a simple method to keep track of text lines for color displays to skip empty lines when clearing the display.

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3880 on: August 21, 2017, 01:04:48 pm »
Madires, you could prepare the new files cap.c and main.c ,extras.c  with for changeover of original?
I am ready to participate in testing!

Happy testing ;)
Hi, madires! :)
I made the ESR tests on 4 capacitors:
 1. 10nFx630V
 2. 27.75nFx250V
 3. 220nFx250V
 4. 560nFx250V
Resonator  quartz 20MHz!
For comparing I made measurements of DE-5000 at frequencies 1kHz, 10kHz, 100kHz and also on a tester with a firmware from Karl-Heinz (1.13k rev.705).
Apparently, results strongly differ and strongly depend on measurement frequency. For not electrolytic capacitors it is difficult to make the correct measurement.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 01:16:35 pm by indman »

The following users thanked this post: madires

Offline RadoK

• Contributor
« Reply #3881 on: August 21, 2017, 01:30:21 pm »
Hi,
I am planning to build the tester. It is probably cheaper to buy a kit but I think I have "do it yourself deficiency" :-)

Two questions about hardware implementation.
1) Why so complicated power supply part with three transistors? Isn't a regulator with shutdown pin sufficient?
2) I haven't checked firmware sources files yet to see if SW is doing rotary encoder debounce. I wonder if debounce capacitors can help here.

Regards,
Rado

Offline texaspyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3882 on: August 21, 2017, 02:39:39 pm »

I am planning to build the tester. It is probably cheaper to buy a kit but I think I have "do it yourself deficiency" :-)

Save yourself a lot of work and potential grief.  Buy an assembled unit... they only cost a few dollars more than a kit.  Kit instructions are notoriously bad or non-existent.   They really aren't for noobs.   Way too many people have problems with them.   I'd look for an AY-AT version with a socketed DIP processor chip.

Offline Willem52

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3883 on: August 21, 2017, 04:51:21 pm »
Most of the questions are explained a lot of times in this topic 😉
And not to forget in the extensive manual in the repository.
For the ay-at version there are reasonable build instructions...

Some people seem not to have energy to do a good search and read 😁
I thought that this device was for people who have at least some
experience with electronics why should they otherwise need such?

Offline RadoK

• Contributor
« Reply #3884 on: August 21, 2017, 09:37:05 pm »
Save yourself a lot of work and potential grief.  Buy an assembled unit...

My goal is not to have it. I would like to build something after few months break (abstinence syndrom :-)). This transistor tester projects seem to be nice one.
So goal is to have my "hands dirty" and to say "I did it!" at the end. Older hobbyist will understand :-)

Offline texaspyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3885 on: August 21, 2017, 09:43:35 pm »
Save yourself a lot of work and potential grief.  Buy an assembled unit...

My goal is not to have it. I would like to build something after few months break (abstinence syndrom :-)). This transistor tester projects seem to be nice one.
So goal is to have my "hands dirty" and to say "I did it!" at the end. Older hobbyist will understand :-)

I've only been doing this for over 50 years...  really older hobbyists knows where the dragons lie, how they like to bite your ass,  and how best to avoid them.  There are much more fruitful and rewarding ways to get your hands dirty than building some poorly, if at all, documented Chinese kit.  But go for it if it makes you happy!

Offline RadoK

• Contributor
« Reply #3886 on: August 21, 2017, 10:17:25 pm »
No texaspyro :-) I am for sure not going to buy any kit. I am going to build it from scratch. Starting with schematics, PCB design, PCB making, etching, applying mask, soldering. To make it more painful I am going to avoid through-hole as much as possible and to use all the 0603 parts I have collected.
Only this will satisfy my need to build something again in near future :-)

Offline jakeisprobably

• Regular Contributor
    • Upcycle Electronics
« Reply #3887 on: August 21, 2017, 10:21:21 pm »
I just released part 1 of the Russian thread image reference. These guys did some awesome stuff. It predates Karl-Heinz and Markus R. There are several PIC microcontroller based designs. There is also a reference link to a site talking about porting the project to a STM8 MCU. I didn't chase that rabbit down the hole to see where it leads. I just noticed the ref.
  In the video I noted the years and when KH started the official Project Thread on mikrocontroller.net. Hopefully this gives everyone a better idea of where the project was at at the time. This new video is basically none stop DIY creativity. There were not many clones around at the time. These guys built TT projects into an answering machine, a fax machine, a home thermostat, and laptop/printer power supply enclosures. The creativity level is outstanding.
https://youtu.be/g5aDcutWiho
The following post contains the image indexes for  pages1-150 of this thread, a video for pages 1-10 of the official Project Thread on mikrocontroller.net, and one for the Slovak Thread.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/$20-lcr-esr-transistor-checker-project/msg1277289/#msg1277289
If your too lazy to read all the threads (yeah that's right thread"S," this one is small) these references show the page numbers of all images from the different forums, use this reference to find information about what your looking for. People have posted pictures about programming, and about every clone. Also, all the DIY projects are here for the more intellectual/creative personality types.
    At a minimum you should watch the video 'EEVBlog 3 of 3' for a summary of pages 101-150 of this thread. That will help you find the page numbers of the last 10 people that asked the same question as you.... (I'm no exception.. I'm one of those repeats too.)
  The videos are not monotized. I don't gain anything if you watch them. If you view them on YT directly, they are setup in max resolution of 1080p@60fps, although I'm limited by the quality of images others uploaded.
 Soon I hope to consolidate this information even further.
Edit:  If your going to do a DIY project the Germans and Russians have been working hard on the V2 rocketship. That platform is very versatile. There are no V2 clones available, as far as I can tell, not even on taobao. I can't search it well due to language but that hasn't stopped me from trying. There are DIY examples of V2 on the mikrocontroller.net thread, see index video/pages 8 & 9.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 03:52:02 am by jakeisprobably »

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #3888 on: August 21, 2017, 10:40:23 pm »
Hi, madires! :)
I made the ESR tests on 4 capacitors:
 1. 10nFx630V
 2. 27.75nFx250V
 3. 220nFx250V
 4. 560nFx250V
Resonator  quartz 20MHz!
For comparing I made measurements of DE-5000 at frequencies 1kHz, 10kHz, 100kHz and also on a tester with a firmware from Karl-Heinz (1.13k rev.705).
Apparently, results strongly differ and strongly depend on measurement frequency. For not electrolytic capacitors it is difficult to make the correct measurement.

indman, for the DE-5000 measurements, am I reading the images correctly? It appears to be in Ohms mode.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline RadoK

• Contributor
« Reply #3889 on: August 21, 2017, 11:03:11 pm »
Most of the questions are explained a lot of times in this topic
And not to forget in the extensive manual in the repository.
For the ay-at version there are reasonable build instructions...

Some people seem not to have energy to do a good search and read
I thought that this device was for people who have at least some
experience with electronics why should they otherwise need such?
Judging too quickly  :P
I read the main pdf in the beginning. Then it took few weeks to go through whole thread. Today is the day I made it to the last post  :-+
It is not easy to find answers during reading or from a search in such a long thread.
Regarding my questions:
I have already used LDO with shutdown pin in a project and it allowed me to use button to power-up system and atmega pin to turn it off when needed. I am trying to find out if the power circuit in the original schematics is doing something more or I can do it my way. I have to check firmware to be sure I think.
Trying to de-bounce rotary encoder from SW can be painful (own experience from two projects). I see now that firmware has logic to track encoder states to eliminate bouncing issue. Maybe it would save few bytes of flash with HW debounce but it is probably not worth to change it.

Offline jakeisprobably

• Regular Contributor
    • Upcycle Electronics
« Reply #3890 on: August 22, 2017, 04:03:39 am »
I am trying to find out if the power circuit in the original schematics is doing something more or I can do it my way.
Many people have done their own power circuit designs. Most notable are the designs by Tom666. He documents it well on his post from page 43 here. These are all options in the makefile.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 04:06:33 am by jakeisprobably »

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3891 on: August 22, 2017, 05:54:39 am »
indman, for the DE-5000 measurements, am I reading the images correctly? It appears to be in Ohms mode.
Yes, it is correct! This measurement of the pure serial resistance on an AC current - Rs! I was interested only measurement of ESR on DE-5000. In the Rs=ESR mode
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 06:02:14 am by indman »

Offline jakeisprobably

• Regular Contributor
    • Upcycle Electronics
« Reply #3892 on: August 22, 2017, 10:28:03 pm »
 If you get an AY-AT Clone, the following is a list of hardware corrections to order if you would like to optimize it's operation on M-Firmware. If you normally order parts from Mouser or Digikey all information and links are provided. (No Supplier Affiliation/No Financial Affiliate Program Links) This is simply a resource to make the information easier for the next person to find.
AY-AT Clone - The Proper Mods
1.) 0.1% Probing Resistors
2.) 20mhz Crystal
3.) Correct LDO Vreg
4.) Correct Vref

Manufacturers Part Number=MPN
Mouser Part Number=MoPN
Digikey Part Number=DkPN

(3×)470k Resistors
TE Connectivity
MPN: H8470KBZA
Metal Film Resistors - Through Hole H8 470K 0.1% 100PPM
MoPN: 279-H8470KBZA
$0.97each (8/2017)
$2.91 (×3)
DkPN: PTF475KCCT-ND (not stocked)
Dk Alt:
475k 0.1% 1/8W
Vishay Dale
MPN: PTF56475K00BYEB
DkPN: PTF475KCCT-ND
$1.64each (8/2017)

(3×)680ohm Resistors
TE Connectivity
MPN: H8680RBYA
Metal Film Resistors - Through Hole H8 680R 0.1% 15PPM
MoPN: 279-H8680RBYA
$1.14each (8/2017)
$3.42 (×3)
DkPN: H8680RBYA-ND(not stocked)
Dk Alt:
681ohm 0.1% 1/4W
Note: listed as discontinued by digikey (w/available stock 8/2017)
TT Electronics/Welwyn
MPN: RC55Y-681RBI
DkPN: 985-1036-1-ND
$1.70each (8/2017)

20mhz Crystal
CTS
MPN: ATS20A
Crystals 20MHz 20pF 30ppm -20C 70C
MoPN: 774-ATS20A
$0.36 (8/2017)
DkPN: CTX1106-ND
$0.36 (8/2017)

Spare ATmega328
Microchip
MPN: ATMEGA328-PU
8-bit Microcontrollers - MCU AVR 32K FLSH 1K EE2K SRAM-20MHz IND
MoPN: 556-ATMEGA328-PU
$1.95each (8/2017)
DkPN: ATMEGA328-PU-ND
$1.96each (8/2017)

2.5 Volt 0.1% Precision Reference
Texas Instruments
MPN: LM4040AIZ-2.5/NOPB
Voltage References Prec MicroPwr Shunt Vtg Ref
MoPN: 926-LM4040AIZ25NOPB
$1.72 (8/2017)
DkPN: LM4040AIZ-2.5/NOPB-ND
$1.73 (8/2017)

5v LDO Voltage Regulator
Microchip
MPN: MCP1702-5002E/TO
LDO Voltage Regulators LDO w/ Low Quiescent
MoPN: 579-MCP1702-5002E/TO
$0.52each (8/2017)
DkPN: MCP1702-5002E/TO-ND
$0.49each (8/2017)

Total
Mouser: $10.88 (8/2017)
(+USA Econ Shipping@$4.99)
Digikey: $14.56 (8/2017)
(+ Shipping I'm too lazy to look this up)

Mouser USA Part Links Consolidated:
470k Resistors
680ohm Resistors
20mhz Crystal
ATmega328
LM4040 Vref
MCP1702 LDO Vreg
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 10:39:40 pm by jakeisprobably »

Offline tablatronix

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3893 on: August 23, 2017, 01:27:11 am »
Great list i was just looking into this, i thought 16mhz was the limit. What about the trimmer cap to calibrate crystal for freq meter function, I saw that mentioned in the pdf, but no other details.

Offline jakeisprobably

• Regular Contributor
    • Upcycle Electronics
« Reply #3894 on: August 23, 2017, 02:20:02 am »
... I thought 16mhz was the limit.
K Firmware = 8 or 16mhz
M Firmware = 8, 16, or 20mhz
... What about the trimmer cap to calibrate crystal for freq meter function, I saw that mentioned in the pdf, but no other details.
The trimmer capacitor is certainly an option, and I plan to look into it myself, but I do not have a metrology grade frequency measurement device, so I'd hate to ask someone to follow me over a cliff ;)
 As I understand it you only need a trimmer cap that can adjust from 0-~20pF. You can literally open up almost any old junk radio up until the early 2000's and find one.
 At worst, I hope to build one of the GPS frequency standards from Scullcom Hobby Electronics YouTube channel one of these days. Then I'll have a more precise frequency measurement potential... I think...  :scared:

The following users thanked this post: tablatronix, garthk

Offline texaspyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3895 on: August 23, 2017, 02:48:14 am »

At worst, I hope to build one of the GPS frequency standards from Scullcom Hobby Electronics YouTube channel one of these days. Then I'll have a more precise frequency measurement potential... I think...  :scared:

Don't bother...  they guy's design is based upon a fundamental misunderstanding of how those modules work.  The oscillator is NOT locked to GPS.  It is just a free-running XO or TCXO.  You can program a divider in the module to generate a frequency,  but that frequency is NOT locked to anything.   It will drift and wander just like any non-disciplined oscillator... except it needlessly requires a GPS antenna.

The following users thanked this post: jakeisprobably, tablatronix

Offline jleg

• Contributor
« Reply #3896 on: August 24, 2017, 09:41:55 am »
Don't bother...  they guy's design is based upon a fundamental misunderstanding of how those modules work.  The oscillator is NOT locked to GPS.  It is just a free-running XO or TCXO.  You can program a divider in the module to generate a frequency,  but that frequency is NOT locked to anything.   It will drift and wander just like any non-disciplined oscillator... except it needlessly requires a GPS antenna.

oh, bummer; do you have a source for that? At least the data sheet for the Neo-7s says:

"The  TIMEPULSE  output generates pulse  trains  synchronized  with  GNSS  or  UTC  time  grid  with  intervals  configurable over a wide frequency range. Thus it may be used as a low requency time synchronization pulse or as a high frequency reference signal. "

And the Neo-7 protocol description clearly states the parameters for TIMEPULSE feature named "lock to gps freq", "adapt to GPS antenna delay" etc.
(https://www.u-blox.com/sites/default/files/products/documents/u-blox7-V14_ReceiverDescrProtSpec_%28GPS.G7-SW-12001%29_Public.pdf)

So i'd guess this thing *does* lock timepulse output to GPS (or better "GNSS")?

Offline texaspyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3897 on: August 24, 2017, 12:48:29 pm »
That only means the Ublox 1PPS signal is based upon the GPS 1 Hz navigation messages.  It is accurate to within one half of the period of the on board oscillator (the difference between the 1PPS output and a true 1PPS frequency is known as the sawtooth error).

The programmable frequency outputs of the Ublox are all derived from the Ublox oscillator which is free running.  Unless the divisor is an even multiple of the Ublox oscillator they have quite a bit of jitter.

If the Ublox oscillator was locked to GPS,  everybody would be using them as GPSDO's instead of paying $100-$1000 for a real GPSDO.   Ask any time-nut...

Offline N9XYP

• Contributor
« Reply #3898 on: August 24, 2017, 07:46:44 pm »
I am trying to upgrade my Tester. I have go through most of the posts. I think it is a GM328 without a rotarty encoder and had 1.11k firmware.
Here is a picture of it post #3141

I followed the instructions of post #2475
Downloaded 1.29m from github
Added the ISP similar to post #2574
Added the rotarty encoder and the resistors (MCU pins 4&5, +5v), as well as jumpering the display's CS0 to the /CS line on the interboard connector
Code: [Select]
Display   interboard Conn
1   CS0 --7 NC [jumper to 11 LCD_CS]
2   RST --6 LCD_RESET
3   CD  --3 LCD_SI ENCODER_B
4   NC
5   SCK --4 LCD_SCL ENCODER_A
6   SDA --5 LCD_A0
7   VDD   (3.3V)
8   GND --16 GND
9   VS0+ 
10  VS0-
11  VS1-
12  VS1+
13  VLCD 
14  NC

interboard Conn
1   led
2   led
3   PD3[5] LCD_SI ENCODER_A
4   PD2[4] LCD_SCL ENCODER_B
5   PD1[3] LCD_A0
6   PD0[2] LCD_RESET
7   NC
8   NC
9   NC
10  NC
11  PD5[11] LCD_CS
12  NC
13  PD4[6] TP_REF
14  NC (OLD CONTRAST POT)
15  5V
16  GND

The tester still works with the old chip.

Put in a new chip and flashed it with
avrdude -c avrisp -p m328p -P COM11 -b 19200 -e -U flash:w:"ComponentTester.hex":i -U eeprom:w:"ComponentTester.eep":i -U lfuse:w:0xf7:m -U hfuse:w:0xd9:m -U efuse:w:0x04:m
My settings -

#  MakefileMCU = atmega328

REQ = 8
OSCILLATOR = Crystal
PARTNO = m328p
PROGRAMMER = avrispmkII
PORT = usb

*   global configuration, setup and settings

#define ENCODER
#define ENCODER_PULSES   4
#define ENCODER_STEPS    20
//#define HW_INCDEC_KEYS
//#define HW_REF25
#define UREF_25           2495
//#define HW_DISCHARGE_RELAY
//#define HW_ZENER
//#define HW_FREQ_COUNTER
//#define HW_IR_RECEIVER
/#define HW_ADJUST_CAP
//#define HW_CAP_RELAY
#define SW_PWM_SIMPLE
//#define SW_PWM_PLUS
#define SW_INDUCTOR
#define SW_ESR
#define SW_ENCODER
define SW_SQUAREWAVE
//#define SW_IR_RECEIVER
/#define SW_IR_DISABLE_RESISTOR
#define SW_OPTO_COUPLER
#define SW_UJT
//#define SW_PROBE_COLORS
#define SW_SERVO
#define CYCLE_DELAY      12000
#define CYCLE_MAX        1
#define BAT_R1          10000
#define BAT_R2          3300
define BAT_OFFSET       1000

*   ATmega 328 specific global configuration, setup and settings
*  ST7565R, SPI interface (bit-bang)

#define LCD_ST7565R
#define LCD_GRAPHIC                     /* monochrome graphic display */
#define LCD_SPI                         /* SPI interface */
#define LCD_PORT         PORTD          /* port data register */
#define LCD_DDR          DDRD           /* port data direction register */
#define LCD_RESET        PD0            /* port pin used for /RES (optional) */
#define LCD_CS           PD5            /* port pin used for /CS1 (optional) */
// PD5 is not optional if totary is used
#define LCD_A0           PD1            /* port pin used for A0 */
#define LCD_SCL          PD2            /* port pin used for SCL */
#define LCD_SI           PD3            /* port pin used for SI (LCD's data input) */
#define LCD_DOTS_X       128            /* number of horizontal dots */
#define LCD_DOTS_Y       64             /* number of vertical dots */
//#define LCD_FLIP_X                      /* enable horizontal flip */
//#define LCD_FLIP_Y                      /* enable vertical flip */
//#define LCD_OFFSET_X                    /* enable x offset of 4 dots */
#define LCD_START_Y      0              /* start line (0-63) */
#define LCD_CONTRAST     15             /* default contrast (0-63) */
#define FONT_6X8_VF                     /* 6x8 font, vertically aligned & flipped */
#define SYMBOLS_24X24_VFP               /* 24x24 symbols, vertically aligned & flipped */
#define SPI_BITBANG                     /* bit-bang SPI */
#define SPI_PORT         LCD_PORT       /* SPI port data register */
#define SPI_DDR          LCD_DDR        /* SPI port data direction register */
#define SPI_SCK          LCD_SCL        /* port pin used for SCK */
#define SPI_MOSI         LCD_SI         /* port pin used for MOSI */

#define TP1              PC0       /pin 23 * test pin 1 */
#define TP2              PC1       /pin 24 * test pin 2 */
#define TP3              PC2       /pin 25 * test pin 3 */
#define TP_REF           PC4       /pin 27 * test pin with 2.5V reference and relay */
#define TP_BAT           PC5       /pin 28 * test pin with 4:1 voltage divider */
#define POWER_CTRL       PD6       /pin 12 * controls power (1: on / 0: off) */
#define TEST_BUTTON      PD7       /pin 13 * test/start push button (low active) */
#define ENCODER_A        PD2       /pin 4 * rotary encoder A signal */
#define ENCODER_B        PD3       /pin 5 * rotary encoder B signal */

The problems I am having are
the tester cycles even though I set it to 1.
It recognizes the part (N-ch enh.) but the last line (Vf 596mV) has a bar start at the end of the mV then writes over the Vf.
When I click to get to the menu, the screen goes blank. When moving the encoder the screen flashes and has a gradient.

One last thing, I missed where the xtal tester is. I would like to add that. A xtal upgrade comes when I can get it to work at 8Mhz.

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #3899 on: August 24, 2017, 08:46:33 pm »
Added the rotarty encoder and the resistors (MCU pins 4&5, +5v), as well as jumpering the display's CS0 to the /CS line on the interboard connector
Display   interboard Conn
3   CD  --3 LCD_SI ENCODER_B
4   NC
5   SCK --4 LCD_SCL ENCODER_A
6   SDA --5 LCD_A0

I think SDA should be LCD_SI, and CD should be LCD_A0.

One last thing, I missed where the xtal tester is. I would like to add that. A xtal upgrade comes when I can get it to work at 8Mhz.

The "Sampling ADC" isn't included yet.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf