Author Topic: 176 Pulsed high current fixture  (Read 748 times)

Offline drtubeTopic starter

• Contributor
176 Pulsed high current fixture
« on: May 10, 2018, 03:15:14 pm »
Hello,

I have a working TYPE 576 Tektronix curve tracer and I would like to purchase one of the 176 plugins available on ebay as an upgrade.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112635643898?ul_noapp=true

Since this equipment is very very old and even the cheapest unit is very expensive ($450) I would like to know if there is some owner of this plugin around here or someone who has used it, my questions are these:

1) Is it really worth it? What I mean by this is the real capacity of the plugin to test, perhaps, a high power IGBT module, MOSFET module, SCR module, etc. For the lucky ones who have it (and have experience with it), would you buy it for $450?

2)Is this plugin known for having rare and no-solution issues? The seller claims that the fixture "has been tested by their technician" but I don't know since there were no details at all, no photos of the testing, etc..

3) In case of bad luck or bad testing from the seller (plugin with problems), would you consider this plugin to be user-reparable? We have some skills and we would buy parts from china/eeuu/digikey.

Thank you all for your time!

DrTube
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 05:25:05 pm by drtube »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf