Author Topic: Looking for - Hantek HT8100 differential probe opinions  (Read 3016 times)

Offline MiroSTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Looking for - Hantek HT8100 differential probe opinions
« on: May 20, 2017, 08:53:57 pm »
Is this   differential probe HT8100  of Hantek - declared to be 100MHz -  worth of its price  of  200 USD ?

Offline mkee

Re: Looking for - Hantek HT8100 differential probe opinions
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 02:39:15 pm »
Post edited due to an error on my part. Disregard the post but left up to prevent others from making the same silly mistake.

I took the chance and ordered one. Unfortunately I initially thought it's going right back. Something seemed very wrong. Appearing way out of spec and resulting measurements that seemed significantly incorrect. Eg. expected ~120V AC yields 170 at 1/500 sensitivity. I was mistakenly reading Peak and not RMS.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 03:09:37 am by mkee »

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 12:37:45 am »
mkee, are you seeing 170V peak on 120VAC from the power line? If so, it's working correctly. 120VAC is RMS. 120 * sqrt(2) = 169.71
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline mkee

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 03:04:13 am »
wow...thanks for not letting me get away with that bitseeker! Jeez. How embarrassing. I just broke it out after having had some time with it tonight after receiving it and realized, yes, that familiar 170V number was me being to hasty with a quick initial read in peak  ::) It should have been more familiar the first time around, but realized the error in my post when I didn't see that number again. Apologies for the freakout and sorry I couldn't get back here in time to correct it before anyone noticed :P Other lower voltage offsets seem pretty on par with others and nothing major to worry about...especially given the range this is primarily designed for.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 03:46:52 am »
No worries. It happens sometimes. :D
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline PP7BB

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 04:53:11 pm »
Boys - especially mkee the owner of HT8100 - do You recommend them to us?
I am looking for cheap differential probes to measure things on mains potential. The choice in Poland is Pintek and hantek. Hantek is cheap,  Pintek is more expensive - about 1.5 times and I dont know why is that.
What bothers me is that I don't see sensitivity in Hantek datasheet, Pintek's datasheet shows this value.
Coud You write something about these probes?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf