Author Topic: A few pics of a 289's guts!  (Read 2013 times)

Offline Terry01Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
A few pics of a 289's guts!
« on: July 20, 2018, 09:56:36 am »
I had these so thought i'd put them up. May help someone,,,,, I hope!  :-/O

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vgKT8FIqI4O_jLbmxGdH4u8BgqRPRktL?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 10:02:53 am by Terry01 »
Sparks and Smoke means i'm nearly there!

The following users thanked this post: Marco1971

• Frequent Contributor
Re: A few pics of a 289's guts!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 10:08:44 am »
What a "P"ain "I"n "T"he "A"rse that was to post! I had saved a single photo of my 289 somewhere and then a few somewhere else. Do you think for the life of me I could get the link to the ones I wanted to post? Me and anything that can be a pain in the arse usually end up in a serious war of attrition...… I should learn to give up earlier and stick my photos up my arse and sulk!  |O

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 10:29:27 am »
It's not too hard once you know how.
Any one file can't be larger that 1 Mb.
You're only allowed a total of 2 Mb/post.

Use your photo editor of choice to compress pics to a size relevant to the detail you need to show. 100 KB is usually heaps enough detail.
Add them individually into the 'Attachments" UI below this posting box but take note of the file types allowed.

Then they're displayed as thumbnails that you can copy their URLs and place between in [ img ]image[ /img ] tags available from the Insert Image icon.

Sometimes for a few images it's easier to open dual tabs, editing one with URLs copied from the other.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 12:11:41 pm »
Cool, thanks.

We'll see how the next 1 goes. Easy I hope!  :box:

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 01:30:47 pm »
What a "P"ain "I"n "T"he "A"rse that was to post! I had saved a single photo of my 289 somewhere and then a few somewhere else. Do you think for the life of me I could get the link to the ones I wanted to post? Me and anything that can be a pain in the arse usually end up in a serious war of attrition...… I should learn to give up earlier and stick my photos up my arse and sulk!  |O

Easy :P

Quite big photo yet manageable size < 1MB, my Fluke 287.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 01:36:31 pm by BravoV »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 01:57:18 pm »

Yup,,,, LOL alright!   :-+

You only have another 89 "big photo's" to fit on the page to have the same as I do....oh and sort some decent resolution out when your at it WHAHAHAHA!!  :-DD

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 02:06:11 pm »

Come to think of it since we have a couple decent photo's of 2 different 28X meters do you know why mine looks like it has a Panasonic lithium cell in and looks upside down compared to your super-capacitor?
At 1st I thought mine was upside down but someone told me it is more likely a lithium cell and I tend to think the same now I've had a decent look at it?

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2018, 03:50:39 am »
Is your super capacitor original ??

I found nice panasonic 0.33 farad 5.5 volts super cap at 1.65$ cad at Digikey, ordered 5 of them for my 2x Fluke 189

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2018, 08:45:14 am »
Is your super capacitor original ??

I found nice panasonic 0.33 farad 5.5 volts super cap at 1.65$ cad at Digikey, ordered 5 of them for my 2x Fluke 189

Yes it's original, I certainly haven't changed it and although I bought the meter from an ebay seller i'm sure it was brand new when it came to me.
A huge chance I know, buying from Ebay. Sometimes you have to just grab your nuts and jump though, right? The price was sweet and the feedback was recent and good and everything seemed cool so I went for it. I've had it around 6 months now and all seems good..... I shouldn't have just said that right? It will likely blow up tomorrow now! DAMN!! LOL

That's a good score on the Panasonic ones. I may invest in a couple too just as spares. Always good to have and at a quid or 2 you can't go wrong.

:-+

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 04:04:10 am »
Damn  the Panasonic supercap i ordered at Digikey will go end of life .....

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 04:18:32 am »
An alternative is to use CDE Cornell Dubilier type ELDR ultracap, it has the life of 2000 h at +85 ºC, much longer than Panasonic's one.

Need abit of tweaking by bending it's pins, but its not that difficult, example -> Result by other member

Digikey -> https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/cornell-dubilier-electronics-cde/EDLRD224H3R6C/338-3477-ND/3986805

« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 04:20:52 am by BravoV »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf