Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14840096 times)

Robert763, powerflux and 119 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline unseenninja

• Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #136200 on: Yesterday at 08:34:33 pm »
Hi! I am a fellow TEA sufferer, with a focus on the voltnuttery side of things. A particularly deep 

I thought I should say hello!

Must be an ePay thing then.

I'm many times too far from Japan, or something like that.

I always thought it was some kind of error. But I also saw a lot of listings with free shipping from Japan. I Never tried to buy one though.

I was also surprised when I saw free shipping from Japan. I needed a programmable, high precision current source and I saw an Advantest R6144 in mint condition from a Japanese seller for a reasonable price a couple of months ago on eBay. It was sent with FedEx at no extra cost and it arrived very quickly. It works perfectly. I was charged import VAT and the FedEx service charge of course, but that was quick and painless.

So if there is something in Japan that interests you, these free shipping deals seem to be genuine. These free shipping deals make US sellers very expensive option now if you are in the EU. I noticed that shipping prices from the US seem to have nearly doubled recently.

I thought people might like to hear from someone who has taken advantage of free shipping from Japan. Just make sure that what you buy can be reconfigured for 230V operation if you are in Europe! It cannot be taken for granted.

The following users thanked this post: wkb, ch_scr, Kosmic

Offline m k

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #136201 on: Today at 07:24:57 am »
I've learned that ePay is money safe, checkout price is stone carved.

Over the zone border can be different.
ePay checkout price includes export part, but import part only if total price is low enough.
(for a moment it used to be easier)

selling price - VAT - toll - export - tax free - import - toll - VAT - you
(placing shipping costs is difficult)
(but paid it is before cargo moves)

With VAT number the first VAT may go away.
(country specific)

If you pay local VAT it must be visible somewhere.
You can also ask customs how the actual border crossing has happened, here the queue is around 10 months.

If you leave everything to forwarder be exact.
Importer (and exporter) is the justified VAT deductee and it's forwarder who fills the papers.

E,
a shipping example.
If you buy a car from far away and forget some nuances it's totally possible that you have a major problem when it arrives.
For example it can be in a container and unloading is on you, including the container.
« Last Edit: Today at 09:02:42 am by m k »
Advance-Aneng-Appa-AVO-Data Tech-Fluke-General Radio-H. W. Sullivan-Heathkit-HP-Kaise-Kyoritsu-Leeds & Northrup-Mastech-REO-Simpson-Sinclair-Tektronix-Triplett-YFE
(plus lesser brands from the work shop of the world)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf