Author Topic: Aaron BS-310S CRO Mini teardown  (Read 15031 times)

Offline wolfy007

• Regular Contributor
  • Back into electronics again, as a hobby this time.
Re: Aaron BS-310S CRO Mini teardown
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2018, 05:39:39 am »
Thanks for the heads up, will be interesting to compare.

Offline wolfy007

• Regular Contributor
  • Back into electronics again, as a hobby this time.
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2018, 01:41:05 pm »
Well it came in the post and sure enough it works. But seems to be slight signal 'filtering' on channelB and the cal signal is warped badly so pull apart time (and check caps). Ill post pics of the inards if I notice any differences.

Offline zl2tpq

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2018, 05:20:52 am »
Thanks for the blogg.
I got one at a computer auction, I don't think most of the punters knew what it was. I couldn't see it working, so I bid on it for the case value to me.
It was with  a lot of computers from Reuters and I don't think was used. The brightness control shaft was slightly loose and you could only turn the control down and it slipped when it was wound up. Easy fixed.   No dirt dust scratches. That was at least 15 years ago and because of its size, it is my bench scope of choice until I need the features of the Tektronix units (rarely)   I'm about to check if I can brighten up the trace.
Thanks again for all the info.
 :)

Online tautechTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2018, 11:13:39 am »
Thanks for the blogg.
I got one at a computer auction, I don't think most of the punters knew what it was. I couldn't see it working, so I bid on it for the case value to me.
It was with  a lot of computers from Reuters and I don't think was used. The brightness control shaft was slightly loose and you could only turn the control down and it slipped when it was wound up. Easy fixed.   No dirt dust scratches. That was at least 15 years ago and because of its size, it is my bench scope of choice until I need the features of the Tektronix units (rarely)   I'm about to check if I can brighten up the trace.
Thanks again for all the info.
 :)
Welcome to the forum.

If you check the manual linked (and it's not quite right for my units) on P39/41, VR10 is listed as Int Adj that I strongly suspect is the bias adjustment for the main intensity control, VR8.
Have a squiz at the manual for the trace intensity adjustment procedure that normally goes something like: the trace should just be invisible with the main intensity control set to minimum.
Let us know how you get on.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Bravo

• Contributor
  • This won't take long .............................
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2021, 12:39:31 am »
Hi all,
I acquired the 2 scopes from tautech, & managed to repair the faulty one which had high intensity. The fault was repaired by replacing IC 1 on the PSU board, which is a 4011, used as an adjustable duty cycle oscillator feeding the HT adjustment transistor. My life was made a lot easier by be able to obtain manuals with fully readable schematics. In addition some calibration notes & the mods which were done for the units used by the NZ Navy. Hopefully I will succeed in attaching them.

The following users thanked this post: tautech, Chris56000

Online tautechTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2021, 12:51:22 am »
Thanks G and pleased you now have them both sorted out. 
As per our emails lucky finding that just a faulty 4011 was the root cause of no Intensity control. :phew:

OP updated with a link to your post with the manuals attached.  :-+
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf