Author Topic: Agilent 54831 upgrades  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Mrt12Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Agilent 54831 upgrades
« on: March 04, 2017, 11:00:05 am »
Hi,
a few weeks ago I had some trouble with my 54831B DSO. I searched this forum for repair tips, and I was successful, my scope works! But while reading on the forum, I saw that some members upgraded their scopes. For instance, it is possible to increase the bandwidth by removing a single 1k resistor, which I did and my scope now thinks it is a 54832 ;-)
Thats nice, but I would also like to upgrade the memory. When I had my scope open for repair, I saw that the fill 128M memory is installed on the acquisition board, but in the scope software, I can see only 2M, I think this is because the remaining memory is an option. In some other threads I read that some forum members were able to upgrade the options, but unfortunately, this seems to work only with the Windows XP scopes. My device is equipped with Windows 98. Should I upgrade to XP, and is that possible? I have the VP22 mainboard inside.

a) is it possible to upgrade to XP, and does it make sense;
b) is it possible to use the full 128M memory with the Windows 98?

In this thread -> https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/agilent-54831d-modernising/msg1065659/#msg1065659 there is a patch for the agscope.exe, but my scope has no agscope.exe because it is the older Win98 version, which only has an Ag5483x.exe. How could I upgrade my machine? :-)

Offline tonykara

• Contributor
Re: Agilent 54831 upgrades
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 10:11:34 pm »
Did you ever make any progress with this?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf