Author Topic: Agilent Infiniium 5483X and Motorola VP22 motherboard (also 16800-900 Logic An.)  (Read 2007 times)

Offline croma641Topic starter

• Contributor
Hi,

I've bought weeks ago an Agilent 54831B with a Windows 98 original recovery disk and a problematic mainboard. 

After long  tests, it seems to work, but, probably, the mb. have lost portions of his OEM BIOS (Agilent) modifiable area (4 mbit, 512 kbit firmware hub, 49lf004a).

Probably the old firmware flash had a problem during an ex owner OS update ..

In effect, the agFilterInstaller.exe (Pcifilter directory)  doesn't work anymore: the driver doesn't find the TI 2031 PCI to PCI bridge card (upper acquisition card)

Can anyone send me a working VP22  BIOS image (any VP22  548xx BIOS) ?

If not, I can be interested also in the "sister" motherboard BIOS, the ADLINK M-815E.

thanks in advance !
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 05:09:57 pm by croma641 »

Offline zitt

• Regular Contributor
    • Pinball-Mods.com
Can't help with the bios.

However, you should research volume oem licensing on google. I can't provide direct links as I'm at work and not a good idea to research that stuff on a corp network.

VLKs are pretty well documented as are the grub installers which fake it.
I imagine someone (not me; as I don't have the scope anymore) could get the VLK information from their motherboard to enable you to fake the image.

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
These boards die because of the pci-pci brbrdige chip desoldering itself from the motherboard. squirt it with liquid flux and reflow it.
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Offline gslick

• Frequent Contributor

If not, I can be interested also in the "sister" motherboard BIOS, the ADLINK M-815E.

What could you do with the BIOS for a different motherboard? The title of the thread also mentions the 16900A. I have a bare ADLINK M-815G motherboard from a 16900 which has an SST49LF004B in a 32-pin PLCC socket that I could extract and dump with my device programmer. Don't know how that would help you though.

Also, as far as I know there are strings in the BIOS which are customized for the specific products which use the same motherboards. So for example a scope and a logic analyzer could have different product identification strings in the BIOS for otherwise identical motherboards and the restore disks will normally only restore on a motherboard with the expected identification strings. There are ways to get around that though.

Offline croma641Topic starter

• Contributor
"as far as I know there are strings in the BIOS which are customized for the specific products"

Yes, I think that the difference is between the PCI to PCI bridges used in the upper acquisition card (and between the motherboards of course).

Mine uses a PCI2031 chip, other a PCI2050 chip..  BIOS provides the identity to this card and have of course the Slic Windows licence...

Having the mb. original BIOS and the related Agilent modified BIOS I can reconstruct my workingsystem

Obviously the preferred methos is to get the right Agilent BIOS upgrade disk.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 09:47:33 pm by croma641 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf