Author Topic: Agilent U8032A mini-teardown  (Read 2484 times)

Offline simingxTopic starter

• Contributor
Agilent U8032A mini-teardown
« on: July 24, 2014, 10:34:22 am »
Don't turn it on, take it apart!

The U8032A is one of Agilent's "low-cost" offerings, it's a 375W triple-output supply (0-60V, 0-3A x2 and 5V 3A).
http://www.home.agilent.com/en/pd-2054589-pn-U8032A/triple-output-dc-power-supply-60v-3a-2x-375w
It's able to do basic output sequencing by switching between 3 memory outputs, although an E36xx it isn't.

Surprisingly, it's a switch mode design. It is rather heavy though, at almost 9kg's.

Didn't go into too much detail, the internal boards are not easily taken apart, and it isn't exactly mine  >:D
Sorry for the poor images, I used my mobile phone for them...

Front panel

Rear panel with large 120mm fan. Yes it's a bit noisy, as you'd expect.

Chemi-Con KX main filter capacitors

Mains filter and wiring

Main bridge rectifier and some TO-220 devices (preregulation?)

Small toroid for auxiliary supplies. I thought it might be the main transformer, but that doesn't look like it can supply 375W to me...

STM32 micro for front panel

Main PWM control chip

5V output control section

Top side of 5V output. You can see the capacitor hanging off the output 2 jacks... afterthought?

Primary side of one of the main 60V 3A output boards. Secondary side is obscured by filter components, and I wasn't going to disassemble the unit further...

Control section for main outputs. That's quite a lot of horsepower (AT91SAM7X128)!

Pretty LCD panel  ;D

That's all for now, if you guys want anything more let me know and I'll try to get a picture if I can access it.

The following users thanked this post: trebejo, sfs1

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf