Author Topic: fluke dmm authenticity  (Read 1444 times)

Offline LaserTazerPhaserTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
fluke dmm authenticity
« on: October 22, 2018, 03:10:14 am »
few months back i got a new fluke 177 off myflukestore.com & just recently I noted there isn't the typical UL or VDE symbols on the back. This an authenticity issue? It also came with a 9v energizer installed. However its very accurate and it had the meter had the typical plastic peels and stuff on it. I noted this vid has the symbols https://youtu.be/qm3ZvcjiS9Y?t=483 but its much older whereas mine was manufactured this year according to some docs which came with the meter. Also the serial on mine is a few digits shorter than the one in the video.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 03:14:36 am by LaserTazerPhaser »

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
Re: fluke dmm authenticity
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 03:36:29 am »
I have been following Fluke hand held meters for several years now and to the best of my knowledge, there has never been any Fluke counterfeit meters.

There are meters that have the yellow holster called Fuke, but never a fake outright copy.

Some Asian manufacturers have used the Fluke lower end molds and similar casing, but they are not yellow colored and they use a different off the shelf IC chipset.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 03:41:14 am »
Without pictures it's really hard to say anything useful.

Offline LaserTazerPhaserTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 12:03:37 am »
fluke customer service replied by email and said its fine and authentic said they no longer put those symbols on the recent 177 models since they no longer use UL or VDE rather CSA is what they conform to.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:50:23 am by LaserTazerPhaser »

The following users thanked this post: Mr. Scram

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf