Author Topic: Any hacks for the Rigol DG1022Z arb. func. generator or DP712 DC power supply?  (Read 5886 times)

Offline flarn2006Topic starter

I bought these devices online, and I don't have them yet, but I was hoping someone will have hacked it to get the extra features. Will the same hack for the DS1054Z work if I know the right feature codes? Or is the private key different or something?

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
I'm pretty sure that Riglol doesn't work for the DG1022Z, I've ordered one too but wasn't aware of any upgrade path - hacked or legal.  The DP832 power supply can be upgraded via Riglol; not sure about the DP712 but it looks like there is no upgrade path for that either.

In both cases, I don't think there's a higher model available that uses the same hardware.

I still think they are both good pieces of gear that are reasonably priced.

[EDIT] The DG1022Z has bigger brothers, the DG1032Z and the DG1062Z and there's an option to expand the number of points an arbitary waveform can have up to 16 Mpts.

Not sure why nobody's hacked the DG1022Z yet.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 09:20:36 am by Gandalf_Sr »
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer

If you go to Rigol's pages for the devices (DG1000Z series and DP700 series), go to the Accessories tab, and expand Options, you can see some upgrades available for purchase. The function generator has one that expands the arbitrary waveform memory depth to 16M, and the power supply has three options available: an external triggering function, a 1mV/1mA resolution upgrade, and a programmable sweep timer.

Just to update, I did receive these devices the other day, and yes, there is a way to install these upgrades. The power supply has a built-in UI to enter license numbers (unlike the scope, you have to actually select the feature you're entering the code for first--not sure if it'll then only accept codes for that feature) but the function generator can only be upgraded over the USB or network connection for some reason.

Offline Arek_R

• Regular Contributor
  • Polish guy living in the UK
Any updates regarding DP700?
I could really make use of that sweep timer.

Offline ElectronMan

• Regular Contributor
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 03:04:09 pm by ElectronMan »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf