Author Topic: Any idea of what's this for?  (Read 1022 times)

Offline tozitomTopic starter

• Contributor
Any idea of what's this for?
« on: May 14, 2019, 10:24:37 am »
Hi forum,
Just got this instrument on my bench but cannot find any info on it! There's no make/model only what you see! My first thought was a audio distortion analyser, but seems not... When injecting 1khz input I can measure rms voltage (almost accurate), but no freq measurement on display, when switching to distortion I get freq counter ok (1.01/1.02 khz) and also I get an output with some shift from original depending on big coarse pot... On picture (1) is input (2) is output.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 03:16:50 pm by tozitom »

Offline EricJRW

Re: Any idea of what's this for?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 03:03:29 pm »
What does the back look like?

Offline tozitomTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 03:05:06 pm »
Thanks for your reply. Back is nothing special, only 220v plug and sticker "made in italy"

« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 03:17:13 pm by tozitom »

Offline Grandchuck

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 03:29:13 pm »
Sure looks like a distortion analyzer.  To use, one tunes the notch filter to null out the fundamental.  The fine tune makes it easier to get a good null.  What is left is THD and read on the meter.  The controls seem to support that.  Could be fun and instructive to play around with.  Nowadays, THD and FFT software that runs on sound cards in computers has kind of taken over.

Offline Old Printer

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 04:23:44 pm »
Like Dave says, take it apart, at least to look inside for some sort of manufacture info. It might have been intended for sale under a third party label, hence no exterior markings, but somewhere that should be some clues. Interesting.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf