Author Topic: aoyue int857a++ hot air station help needed.  (Read 1227 times)

Offline PandorTopic starter

• Contributor
aoyue int857a++ hot air station help needed.
« on: January 10, 2018, 09:42:13 am »
Hi,

I've just bought a aoyue int857a++ station from the euro (german) supplier willtec.
Now, i'm having difficulty figuring out how i'm supposed to mount the bracket/holder for the handpiece. As the unit did not come with any mounting hardware, nor are there any apperent screw holes on the left hand side of the unit...
Maybe i got a bad unit from the factory?

I contacted willtec, but all the do is tell me where to mount it, and send me stock pictures.

If anyone with this unit could make a clear picture of how the bracket for the handpiece is mounted to the side of the unit, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
Re: aoyue int857a++ hot air station help needed.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 12:45:47 am »
I have the earlier 701a but it shares the same hand piece and plastic mount. Not sure about the metalwork? My base has angled holes on both sides with screws being fitted to one. The metal plate on the holder gets reversed depending on left or right mount.

Mine is fitted well above bench height off the base to keep the tube off the bench.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline PandorTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: aoyue int857a++ hot air station help needed.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 08:51:18 am »
Thanks for the reply.
I actually cross posted this, as i've noticed my post was in the wrong section of the forum, and was not able to delete it.

I also have one of the older units, and that indeed has holes in the base to thread the screws for the mount into.
This new metal base, has a slot, and apparently, there where supposed to be 2 nuts slotted in there to thread the mounting screws in, but they where not supplied, so I got them in the mail from willtec.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews/aoyue-int857a-hot-air-station-help-needed-101900/msg1402187/#msg1402187

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf