Author Topic: Atten ASD1102CAL to Siglent SDS1102CML  (Read 10358 times)

Offline pickle9000Topic starter

• Super Contributor
Atten ASD1102CAL to Siglent SDS1102CML
« on: November 18, 2013, 06:32:29 am »
First, this is not a review just a few observations and a little mucking around. The scope around 3 years old (maybe a bit less), it was bought for an emergency job. It has been all over Canada frozen (during air travel) and had the case removed and blown dry on at least 2 occasions just in case there was condensation. The techs did not like it and it was only used for field work.

I don't hate this scope, it paid for itself on it's first job so that was all I asked.

I took it home (I owned it anyway) and used it when I retired. A couple months ago I did a few things to it. Put more memory in and hacked in some switches (single, auto, and runstop) that I could clip to a probe. I installed the current Siglent software and it seems to be very happy.

The probe switches are actually very handy, I read in another message that an old scope had a footswitch. I tried that but this is much nicer. Notice the puchout on the case behind it is a place for a connector that runs straight to the auto button.

The only glitch I had was a small ball of solder that had to be removed. I like to check my board before I clean just in case.

Here are a few pics to look at.

• Super Contributor
Re: Atten ASD1102CAL to Siglent SDS1102CML
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 06:34:26 am »
A few more pics

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 06:39:03 am »
Even more pics

These images show the abuse, obvious moisture damage. The only build fault was a flat flex that was touching the back of the power supply, was not taped down and should have been.  That's the blurry image shot from the top.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 07:17:07 am »
Great post thanks.  :-+
Would you like to share your memory upgrade with us?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 09:09:25 pm »
Doing the memory upgrade is simple to say the least.

- Digi-Key carries the part 706-1100-ND (digikey number) or IS61LPS51236A-200TQL I. The SRAM is moisture sensitive so follow the instructions and install before the expiry date or you will have to bake it. Don't open the sealed package until you are ready.
- My board was a little corroded so I used a fine brass brush and alcohol to clean up the pads.   
- I happen to have a IR rework station with a preheated so I used lead based solder paste and preheated to around 180 and the board was 13mm off the surface of the preheater. Top of board ended up at around 160. Actual time under IR was about 6 seconds. I did screw up (too much solder) with the solder application and has to clean it off and reapply (this happened before soldering). I also ended up with a small solderball between a couple pins. Had I not checked it could have been an issue.
- If you have the case open check the front panel (flat flex) cables running to the main board. They where physically touching the underside of the power pcb and needed to be taped down.
- Software, I had a quick look at the Atten site and decided to load the Siglent firmware in a matter of minutes. Atten has no listed updates so I just couldn't be bothered. You can find a link to the software I installed here http://siglent.freeforums.org/new-fw-for-sds1000cml-and-cnl-t77.html I used FW 5.01.02.22 CML. You need to install the firmware, then cfg file and then run a calibration sequence or there will probably be trouble of some sort. I rebooted after each step. Read the firmware post stuff it's informative.
- I'm not sure if the ram is tested on boot, I just recorded a long signal and wandered through it looking for anything nasty.

First pic is how not to apply solder, next are clean pads, last is a solder ball on a scalpel.

The following users thanked this post: mixiom

Offline Crackn

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 08:07:31 am »
Teledyne LeCroy WaveAce 1012 firmware: 5.01.02.27

http://teledynelecroy.com/support/softwaredownload/download.aspx?did=8107

Tested and working fine with Siglent 1102CML memory mod. (Original Atten ADS-1102CAL+)

CAUTION: this firmware is for WaveAce 1012 (SDS1102CML or Memory Modded CAL+, CNL) scopes. DO NOT install it if you dont have the memory IC installed first and 3 ADCs board.

GS

Offline snickers

• Contributor
    • RF Electronics
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 03:21:51 pm »
Hello all.
Do anybody know the model of this ADC ?
I have only 2 and need to buy and solder the third one.
SQ5DBF, 73!

Offline Tryel

• Try Electronics
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2023, 02:56:23 pm »
This video - https://youtu.be/EFNX3YjZdV4 shows these chips on the board. It also shows and tells how to increase the memory of the oscilloscope and take a memory dump. You can watch with English subtitles on, as the video is in Russian.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf