Author Topic: AWG2020 repair  (Read 1016 times)

Offline analogRFTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
AWG2020 repair
« on: April 06, 2018, 02:03:18 pm »
I have been working on a defective AWG2020 that I picked up several month ago and I was hoping someone with a working unit could provide me with all or any of the following information. Right now I am getting error 642 which according to the TeK support rep it means "output mult offst adj fail". But besides that, there are a few components that are bad but I have no way of knowing what they are. If someone has a working unit, I will be very grateful if he/she could do me a big favor and have a quick look and measure the following on the analog board A3 (it is right underneath the equipment after the cover is taken out. Easily accessible and exposed)

1-Values of resistors R245, R256, R276 (in the middle of the A3 board to the left of U240) I know in-circuit measurement is not conclusive but at least I will know what I should expect.
2-markings on Q242 and Q244 and multimeter Diode measurements on their pins? again I know this is in-circuit testing but still a big help if you can report DMM Diode check results on all pin-to-pin tests
3-while you are at it, can you please turn the unit on and go to function generator mode and (for example 1MHz sine wave) and measure the DC voltage at TP240 (right next to U240) while you are turning the knob for adjusting the output offset from -2.5V to 2.5V and also the voltage at pin 10 of U300 (output amplitude DAC) while you are changing the output amplitude from 0V to 5Vpp. This is located right above the J410 5 pin connector on the right side of the A3 board. I just need to know the ranges of above two voltages as the offset and amplitude change.

I really appreciate your time. I am stuck at this point and asking Tektronix support was not helpful :-(

Offline PepaZdepa

Re: AWG2020 repair
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 12:01:51 am »
Hi, do you still need the values?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 01:46:33 am by PepaZdepa »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf