Author Topic: Best Signal generator (on budget) ?  (Read 1485 times)

Offline MozeeTopic starter

• Contributor
Best Signal generator (on budget) ?
« on: May 10, 2018, 11:32:37 am »
Hello friends

I am currently looking for a suitable Function (Signal?) generator for my home hobby lab. Preferably a budget one. I've seen the FY6600 and JDS6600 and both seem to be good (when working ofcourse  :palm:), But knowing that they seem to have Firmware issues keeps me from buying them unless someone can recommend a more bug free firmware version etc.. )
any suggestions are highly appreciated!
We always learn, till the moment we’re dying , we learn how it feels to be dead

Offline Candid

• Regular Contributor
Re: Best Signal generator (on budget) ?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 12:01:30 pm »
Both of them are worth the money. The FeelTech got some updates and currently you should only get the latest version 3.2 or 3.2.1 when you order from big sellers like AliExpress or Bangood and look after sellers that sold enough of them. The JD6600 out of the box is doing fine. I don't know about similar issues with different versions like with the FeelTech.

But you may want to wait for the new FeelTech model 6800 that should arrive soon on the market. If FeelTech made their homework it should solve many of the early FY6600 issues and it's firmware should be upgradeable. This may open the world for open source firmware in future.

The following users thanked this post: nctnico

Offline ra-ma

• Contributor

Offline pigrew

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Best Signal generator (on budget) ?
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 03:20:41 pm »
What are your requirements? What frequency range? Do you need arbitrary waveforms? Analog modulation input? Computer control? Output power (min and Max)? THD limit? Harmonic distortion limit?

The following users thanked this post: 001

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf