Author Topic: BK Precision 9130 power supply problem / troubleshoot  (Read 1648 times)

Offline epiflowTopic starter

• Contributor
BK Precision 9130 power supply problem / troubleshoot
« on: May 30, 2018, 12:52:17 am »
Hello,

I have two BK Precision 9130 power supplies that, upon power up, gets stuck in the "SYSTEM TEST, PLEASE WAIT!" phase.  Has anyone else had or know of this problem and how to fix it?

link to model and manual:

https://bkpmedia.s3.amazonaws.com/downloads/manuals/en-us/9130_manual.pdf

Ryan

Offline Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
Re: BK Precision 9130 power supply problem / troubleshoot
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 04:20:01 pm »
Yes, I've got one of these that I bought in 2009.  I recall a very similar issue, and I fixed it by replacing a bunch of the electrolytic caps that had dried out or leaked.

Since then it has started playing up again, so has ended up on the shelf for future repair.  Really weird behaviour - something like channel 2 would only come on if channel 1 was enabled, and then would actually display the current from channel 3, but voltage from channel 1.  I'm wondering if there is some damage from the leaked capacitors that I missed in the previous repair.  Or some caps I didn't replace have sinced leaked.

From memory it was nicely built, but because it is compact it was a bit of a pain to work on.  Power supplies often are though!  I actually quite liked its UI when it was working.

I've attached some internal photos for anyone interested.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf