Author Topic: Floppy to Memory Stick adapter with oscilloscopes  (Read 12189 times)

Offline krivx

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Floppy to Memory Stick adapter with oscilloscopes
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2016, 11:24:13 am »
I have had some good experiences with cheap floppy emulators that read/write to USB sticks. I would avoid the Sony Memory Stick tbh, you're exchanging one dead medium for another.

I appreciate your feedback but as I mentioned in my last sentence I can't open and modify any instrument in the lab. I agree that Memory Stick is dead (thanks god) but some other instruments such as a thermal imaging camera has compact flash so I need a card reader anyway.

I know this won't help you out, but I figured that someone may find this of use if they don't mind opening up their scope.
Came across this yesterday. www.ebay.com/itm/291714898226

Jay

They are lots and lots of rebrands of these, shop around.

E.g.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/3-5-Slim-USB-Floppy-Drive-Emulator-for-Barudan-Embroidery-Machine-/121770675542?hash=item1c5a190d56:g:8i4AAOSw0HVWBmO5
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/1-44MB-USB-SLIMLINE-26PIN-FLAT-CABLE-FLOPPY-DRIVE-EMULATOR-for-Tektronix-TDS420A-/231865502921?hash=item35fc42ccc9:g:8y0AAOSwsB9WBUKK

Offline mathsquid

• Regular Contributor
  • I like math.
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2016, 11:28:26 am »
I know this won't help you out, but I figured that someone may find this of use if they don't mind opening up their scope.
Came across this yesterday. www.ebay.com/itm/291714898226

For anyone interested in these sorts of devices, there is a lot of discussion about them on the vintage synthesizer/sequencer forums.

Offline iXod

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2016, 06:53:30 pm »
For CRO scopes perhaps find a solution like this.

The hood "hangs" on a slot at the top of the CRT surround. Maybe you can find a viewing hood like this for the TDS420 or like. This one came mounted to a Tek Polaroid camera (originally black color). Any digital camera can be adapted to such a hood

Old school problem requires thinking old school.

Cheers.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf