Author Topic: FIXED ! - Brymen BM869S rejecting fresh 9V batteries.  (Read 14925 times)

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
Re: FIXED ! - Brymen BM869S rejecting fresh 9V batteries.
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2016, 12:49:31 am »
It's not the most robust meter I have looked at
So what meter is more robust? Radioshack? Keysight? Fluke?
Amazing machines. https://www.youtube.com/user/denha (It is not me...)

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2016, 12:56:16 am »
The spreadsheet is online.  You may find it linked to the very first post.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hear-kitty-kitty-kitty-nope-not-that-kind-of-cat/

It's not the most robust meter I have looked at
So what meter is more robust? Radioshack? Keysight? Fluke?

Offline matalcacer

Re: Brymen BM869S rejecting fresh 9V batteries. - FIXED !
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2018, 03:49:57 pm »
i managed to find the little bastard responsible for the current leak. it was a small diode

Hello rob77 and all eevblog members !!!
My name is Matias and I live in Argentina. My english is really bad !!! Please sorry.
6 / 8 month ago I bought one Brymen BM869s multimeter. For more or less 2 / 3 weeks I used the multimeter with the low battery icon on the screen.
Yesterday I replaced the battery for a new one (Energizer) and now the multimeter screen only show "InErr" and the buzzer give an alarm warning.
This problem is in all meter modes EXCEPT in "TEMP" and "A - mA" modes (Where the test leads must be located on the left connection ports and not on the most common used).

I think that this is the same problem that rob77 had and now I have it too. The question is if you can provide information about the diode type and it characteristics to try to buy locally the same diode. I know that I will not find here in Argentina the same SMD diode because is really hard to find locally SMD components. I will try but, if not find, I will need to use and standard hole diode adapted.

I'm NOT an Electronic technician, I'm just a handyman with many expectations, desire to do things and limited resources ($$). I hope that you can help me.

Thanks a lot !!!!

Matias.

Offline jamesd

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2018, 10:04:33 am »
Could you tell me the specification of the diode at D13?

..actually a brief update since I posted... I had dirt from a wasp nest in the left 'A' input!

I had been in touch with Brymen and they responded to me within 4 hours with a suggestion to clean both inputs.  They were quick to help and spot on with their suggestions. I cleaned the inside of the input plug with a cotton bud and solved the issue.

Here is their suggested solution in case other users have the same issue:

The problem of your unit might come from its A or mA/uA input terminal. Please rotate knob switch to mA/A function position.   

1. If mA function is displayed (not InErr anymore), then the problem might come from uA/mA input terminal. uA/mA input terminal is with two contact metal plates inside. Something might fall in between them and affect their impedance. To clean uA/mA input terminal might be able to fix its problem. 

2. If A function is displayed (not InErr anymore), then the problem might come from A input terminal. A input terminal is with two contact metal plates inside. Something might fall in between them and affect their impedance. To clean A input terminal might be able to fix its problem.

3. If InErr is still displayed, then to clean both A & uA/mA input terminals might be able to fix its problem.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 10:22:10 am by jamesd »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf