Author Topic: Bunch of keysight U1252B meters around  (Read 147347 times)

Offline grumpydoc

• Super Contributor
Re: Bunch of keysight U1252B meters around
« Reply #175 on: February 15, 2017, 02:31:40 pm »
Doc, I checked nmori87-us's eBay records and his scores are very high and has been around since 2012.  I suspect that, now he has 2 or 3 orders, a trip to the Post Office is on his to do list.  Having paid through PayPal, I'm not worried about the money.
Agree, I'm not too worried at the moment, but I'm always a little happier once I can see from the tracking that the parcel is actually moving.

I think he has had more than 2 or 3 orders recently though :)

Offline akimmet

• Contributor
« Reply #176 on: February 15, 2017, 04:07:17 pm »
I received mine earlier this week, and I'm happy with it so far. Mine came with a May 2014 calibration.
The only thing I don't like are the included safety probes, and the slow continuity beeper (even when using the manual range trick mentioned in this thread).
I thought the orange back-light would be annoying, but it really isn't.

I can't seem to understand why some here are complaining about the color.
Sure, yellow would be better but I don't think Keysight would like another lawsuit.

I just got an eBay message saying mine had shipped.  When I checked the tracking number with USPS, it said the mailing label was printed at 1:49 am today (Wednesday) although the order was placed and paid for last Saturday (4 days ago).  It's supposed to arrive next Saturday.
Yes, mine "shipped" 4 days ago but USPS tracking says it is still to arrive with them - it does not exactly instil confidence  :(

I had the same problem with the tracking number with mine, I didn't get any updates at all until the day it arrived.
This has been a common occurrence with USPS lately. I have been told it is because the originating postman is too lazy to scan it when they pick it up. 

Offline unimorpheus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #177 on: February 15, 2017, 04:13:35 pm »
I just got an eBay message saying mine had shipped.  When I checked the tracking number with USPS, it said the mailing label was printed at 1:49 am today (Wednesday) although the order was placed and paid for last Saturday (4 days ago).  It's supposed to arrive next Saturday.
Yes, mine "shipped" 4 days ago but USPS tracking says it is still to arrive with them - it does not exactly instil confidence  :(

My second unit that received earlier this week has a 2012 cal date and is at least a year or more older than the first unit I ordered. The included 9v is an older 7.2V that is only taking a 1/2 charge after two charging sessions. Charge drops to 25% after <10 minutes of use. This battery is toast. I will be replacing both Ni-MH batteries so not an issue for me. With the meters side by side the older unit back light is much more yellow than orange. Not a big deal but the deep orange of the newer unit provides better contrast and is a bit easier to read. That one will clearly be my bench meter. The older meter I received has a Newark inventory bar code label on the box. I suspect it may have been a return of some type, maybe warranty return.

Offline unimorpheus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2017, 04:19:21 pm »

........I wonder what the rechargables are like?  Are they just regular 9v rechargeable? If so Harbor freight almost give them away.

No, the Ni-MH batteries are the high current type 250mAh-300mAh types. Standard, cheap NiMH are 175mAh batteries. I am replacing them with Powerex Precharged 9V Rechargeable Low Self Discharge NiMH Battery (MHR84VP). 8.4V, 300mAh.

The following users thanked this post: Gandalf_Sr

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #179 on: February 15, 2017, 06:16:21 pm »
I had the same problem with the tracking number with mine, I didn't get any updates at all until the day it arrived.
This has been a common occurrence with USPS lately. I have been told it is because the originating postman is too lazy to scan it when they pick it up.

I've had that happen with tracking before, too, as has a friend of mine. Not unusual, unfortunately.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline jimdeane

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #180 on: February 15, 2017, 07:16:36 pm »
If someone wouldn't mind PM'ing me the seller, I'd like to follow him on Ebay.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #181 on: February 15, 2017, 11:26:20 pm »
Jim, see reply #174.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline jpk42

• Contributor
« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2017, 06:25:59 am »
How do these compare with a Fluke 179? Looking at getting one of the two for my primary multimeter, but I'm not sure what word on the street (aka here) is about which one is better....

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2017, 07:53:27 am »
How do these compare with a Fluke 179? Looking at getting one of the two for my primary multimeter, but I'm not sure what word on the street (aka here) is about which one is better....
Other than temperature, I don't see the Fluke 179 as being much better than the Fluke 117 which I own and can be got for well under $200.

The Fluke 179's DC current only goes down to 0.01 mA at 1% +3 digits accuracy - on top of that it's is only a 1000 count meter.  Apart from being more awesome in every respect, the U1252B has 0.05% accuracy on many ranges and is a 50000 count meter.  It also has a very low current range, 500 uA with a resolution of 0.01 uA, that's 10 nA!  And then there's all the connectivty and data logging capability.  The Fluke 179 frequency range maxes out at 100 kHz while the U1252B goes up to 20 MHz and has a built in signal generator.  IMHO, comparing the Fluke 179 to the U1252B is like comparing a Ford Fusion to a Ferrari.
If you can get a U1252B for $200, JFBI (just f***ing buy it).
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer

Offline mtdoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #184 on: February 16, 2017, 08:07:04 am »

Yep, the U1252B has much higher resolution and better accuracy. More features - dual display and others.

For a quick comparison, Wytncls multimeter spreadsheethelps.

"better" is a subjective term.  For example the Fluke may be more rugged and durable - or not. I have no experience with it. But based on specifications and features, the U1252B beats it easily. They're not even in the same class in that regard.

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #185 on: February 16, 2017, 11:05:22 am »
I forgot about the dual display, I'm looking forward to that.  I own a Fluke 117 and it's a great meter for basic electrical work but is limited for electronic workbench use.  An 'equivalent' Fluke might be the 87V which has 0.05% accuracy, a uA range, and a (single) 19999 display but it's not as good as the U1252B IMHO and is sold by Amazon for $400.  My tracking number still draws a blank  :(

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2017, 12:27:24 pm »
...the Ni-MH batteries are the high current type 250mAh-300mAh types. Standard, cheap NiMH are 175mAh batteries. I am replacing them with Powerex Precharged 9V Rechargeable Low Self Discharge NiMH Battery (MHR84VP). 8.4V, 300mAh.
Thanks, I just ordered a Powerex MHR84VP 300mAh battery on Amazon Prime.

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2017, 03:17:37 pm »
Just contacted nmori87-us via eBay asking if he'd actually put my meter into USPS and he claimed he dropped if off last night just before the Post Office closed; if that's true, there's a chance it will arrive on Friday, more likely Saturday.  Not exactly full marks for shipping speed given we are forced to pay for priority mail  >:(

Thought you guys waiting would want to know this as I assume he would have droped all our meters off at the same time.

Offline unimorpheus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2017, 04:45:23 pm »
Just contacted nmori87-us via eBay asking if he'd actually put my meter into USPS and he claimed he dropped if off last night just before the Post Office closed; if that's true, there's a chance it will arrive on Friday, more likely Saturday.  Not exactly full marks for shipping speed given we are forced to pay for priority mail  >:(

Thought you guys waiting would want to know this as I assume he would have droped all our meters off at the same time.

I noticed that with my second meter but if you look at the rate at which he is selling them he would be going to the post every day. I think it was a week before mine was marked shipped. Once the meter hits the post it will ship pretty fast. Mine was express air in two days to CA.  The delay seems to be the seller queuing them up until he gets to the post.

Offline mtdoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #189 on: February 16, 2017, 06:04:11 pm »
Yeah,  that seller took 3 days to ship mine. I sent a message after 2 days and the response was " I'll be bringing it to the post office tomorrow".

FWIW mine came with a Powerex battery - at least 3 years old I suspect since the meter's cal certificate is dated June 2013. But it still had about 60% charge according to the meter bar gragh.

Offline Luap2

• Contributor
« Reply #190 on: February 16, 2017, 07:24:16 pm »
I noticed my battery lasting only 2 or so hours so ordered, off Amazon one of the powerex . My local battery's plus told me powerex stopped selling the 8.4 volt 300mah Batterys  in 2016  any one know if that is true?

I believe it took 3 to  days for my meter to get shipped once I placed the order  but once in the hands of USPS I got in 3 days. I like the pri. flat rate box's.  Living in Alaska some sellers if given the chance will charge way to much they ( the pri. boxes' ) are cheep and fast   

Offline unimorpheus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2017, 09:23:02 pm »
I noticed my battery lasting only 2 or so hours so ordered, off Amazon one of the powerex . My local battery's plus told me powerex stopped selling the 8.4 volt 300mah Batterys  in 2016  any one know if that is true?

Looks like they are still available on their site. No mention of discontinued. Don't know if they will standardize on the 9.6V battery option.

http://www.mahaenergy.com/powerex-batteries/

Personally I am going with these. Don't see them going anywhere soon.

http://www.mahaenergy.com/powerex-precharged
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 09:26:22 pm by unimorpheus »

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #192 on: February 17, 2017, 12:10:14 am »
Finally, I see information against the tracking number - it was accepted at the Post Office today at 12:41 pm, the order was placed last Saturday, so it's taken 5 days to get from the buyer to the Post Office. It's supposed to arrive Saturday but I'll be away.

Offline shteii01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #193 on: February 17, 2017, 12:44:00 am »
Regarding tracking number.

It seems there is some trouble with using tracking numbers though ebay.

What you can do is copy the tracking number from ebay, then go to USPS website and paste tracking number there.

Also.  It seems google has been thinking about all the tracking people are doing on their packages.  When I put "usps tracking" into google search, the very first thing that shows up in the results page is the applet? to paste the tracking number.  Paste the number in the text window, Track Via USPS button turns blue, click it and it will take you to your package tracking on USPS website.

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #194 on: February 17, 2017, 01:04:18 am »
Thanks, I already did it that way but I agree that eBay deals in non-real-time data

Offline grumpydoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #195 on: February 17, 2017, 09:07:36 am »
Thanks, I already did it that way but I agree that eBay deals in non-real-time data
Same here, all I get is that the label has been generated so the tracking number is valid, but no tracking.

I've let the seller know.

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #196 on: February 17, 2017, 09:28:17 am »
Well something's on the way to me, it left Kansas City at 1:20 am today with an expected delivery date of tomorrow.

Offline Lbud4

« Reply #197 on: February 17, 2017, 06:36:42 pm »
Received my meter. Looks good. Cal is from 2012

Offline timelessbeing

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #198 on: February 17, 2017, 09:17:18 pm »
It seems USPS doesn't update tracking very well. Sellers says he sent mine out on Wed. It's Fri now, and the USPS website says "USPS Awaiting Item".

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #199 on: February 17, 2017, 10:33:40 pm »
With various shippers, including USPS, I've had packages delivered before the tracking system had tracking info available. ::facepalm::

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf