Author Topic: Bunch of keysight U1252B meters around  (Read 145784 times)

Offline Nmori87

Re: Bunch of keysight U1252B meters around
« Reply #550 on: September 05, 2017, 08:11:01 pm »
If anyone is interested in one of the meters or multiple (I have 39 left) email me at nmori87@gmail.com. Would like to stick to PayPal friends and family

The following users thanked this post: PTR_1275, gnavigator1007

Offline Nmori87

« Reply #551 on: September 05, 2017, 11:12:14 pm »
The meters I have available are the u1252a meters. Thanks

Offline eeviking

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #552 on: September 26, 2017, 01:43:04 pm »
If anyone in UK/EU still need a U1252B TopLoser have one for 200£
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/fs-(uk)-keysight-u1252b-meter/

Offline wizard1

• Contributor
« Reply #553 on: January 09, 2018, 10:41:15 pm »
FYI I bought one of the U1252b meters from Nmori87 with a 2011 calibration certificate. As it turns out the ACV and DC/ACV positions were reporting the wrong values. Just a note in case you purchase one of these. Hopefully it was just the meter I received that had issues.

Online cncjerryTopic starter

• Supporter
« Reply #554 on: January 10, 2018, 01:41:46 am »
New to the site, wanted to thank bitseeker for posting my meters on here. Let me know if you all have any questions about them.

hey, what about the guy that found them on eBay and started the thread?  Go check your eBay messages, I am LPfinder on eBay.

Glad it all worked out.  I've been a big proponent of the U1252b, especially at the price you have them.

Jerry

Offline wizard1

• Contributor
« Reply #555 on: February 21, 2018, 06:23:13 pm »
Followup to my last post on the AC DC calibration issue. The meter went back to Keysight for repair due to what I thought was a incorrect reading in the presence of RF. They reported the meter was working as designed and indicated it was out of calibration, but didn't indicate by how much. As you can imagine it wasn't critical. However, I did find a bug in the manual for this meter. The input impedance is NOT 10Mohm for voltages >3V or <-2V. Instead it is 5Mohm. Turns out that was my issue...  :palm:

I do still recommend the meters from Nmori87, they are a great value!

Offline timelessbeing

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #556 on: March 05, 2018, 12:48:46 am »
I find the lock on the battery cover is really finicky and tight, requiring a lot of force. I ended turn it too far and shearing off the anemic little plastic lock pin.It still kind of stays on with friction at least. I hate plastic slotted locks.  :rant:

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #557 on: March 05, 2018, 12:58:57 am »
How hard would it be to get one of those plastic lock pins printed on a 3D printer? The Fluke 289 has 1 too.
Sparks and Smoke means i'm nearly there!

Offline timelessbeing

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #558 on: March 05, 2018, 01:24:23 am »
How hard would it be to get one of those plastic lock pins printed on a 3D printer?
As hard as it would be for me to get a 3d printer I guess. And as far as I know, you cannot print fibreglass reinforcement, so it would be much weaker.

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #559 on: March 05, 2018, 09:10:20 am »
Ah, ok just a thought. The ones for the 289 are a PITA to get. There are some 289 lock pins on Ebay but they have to come from the US and it works out quite expensive by the time you pay shipping too!

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #560 on: March 05, 2018, 11:30:38 am »
How hard would it be to get one of those plastic lock pins printed on a 3D printer?
As hard as it would be for me to get a 3d printer I guess. And as far as I know, you cannot print fibreglass reinforcement, so it would be much weaker.
If someone comes up with an stl design file, I will print one for you on my 3D printer.
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #561 on: March 05, 2018, 01:13:03 pm »
Just for info folks,

I am having a major disposal session of test equipment and have decided I do not need my U1252B that was bought from the seller detailed in this thread. It is still in the box, as received and has never seen service. I also bought the Bluetooth Module (10m Range version) for it. I will list it in the buy and sell section soon but any expressions of interest may be sent to me by OP if you cannot wait. I am not looking to make money on the unit so fear not, I am not profiteering  :) I just do not need the unit, simple as that.

I also have a brand new Agilent 1231A that will be looking for a new home at a small price.

Fraser
United Kingdom
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline timelessbeing

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #562 on: November 16, 2018, 10:52:32 pm »
Is anybody else having issues with charging?

I've got the dial on OFF/CHARGE, the neg charge lead in COM and the pos in CHG. There is 24V on the leads. But the meter doesn't do anything. No beeps, nothing on the display, and 0V on the battery terminals. The meter works fine otherwise. Fuses are fine.

Offline bsudbrink

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #563 on: November 16, 2018, 10:59:36 pm »
Well, the rechargable battery that came with mine has progressively held less and less charge, so I gave up on it and switched to using off the shelf 9V batteries.  Battery actually.  I have not "run down" the first battery yet.

Offline timelessbeing

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #564 on: November 16, 2018, 11:11:12 pm »
OK so I just gave up and started putting the meter aside, and it came alive.  :bullshit: It seems to be charging now.

I'm not sure if it's because some time had passed, or if I bumped some connections.  If this is how it's supposed to work, it's kind of unpredictable and unfriendly.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 11:13:14 pm by timelessbeing »

Offline PTR_1275

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #565 on: November 16, 2018, 11:28:12 pm »
The first meter I bought was reasonably new. The next 4 were a fair bit older. The batteries too had started lasting less and less. I’ve replaced them with new rechargeable batteries (and changed the voltage setting in the menu) and they haven’t needed to be charged for many weeks now.

What was the date on the calibration certificate? That will give you an idea how long the battery was sitting around for

Offline bsudbrink

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #566 on: November 16, 2018, 11:43:17 pm »
I’ve replaced them with new rechargeable batteries (and changed the voltage setting in the menu) and they haven’t needed to be charged for many weeks now.
Would you mind sharing the brand and specs?  Thanks!

Offline PTR_1275

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #567 on: November 17, 2018, 03:52:37 am »
I just bought the varta rechargeable 9v. They’re only 200mah, but they don’t move far from the bench and with the amount we have, we are not concerned about one being on charge every now and then because we will just grab another one.

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor
« Reply #568 on: November 17, 2018, 04:17:02 am »
I use the powerex 8.4V 300mAh rechargeable in mine.

Offline timelessbeing

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #569 on: November 20, 2018, 07:21:25 am »

I've got the dial on OFF/CHARGE, the neg charge lead in COM and the pos in CHG. There is 24V on the leads. But the meter doesn't do anything. No beeps, nothing on the display, and 0V on the battery terminals. The meter works fine otherwise. Fuses are fine.

Well I finally found out the problem. The knob is f*cked, like someone dropped it on its face. If you pull up on it then it starts to charge. Anybody else experience this? Not exactly what I expected from a $700 meter sold as "Brand New In Box".

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #570 on: November 20, 2018, 08:52:20 am »

Well I finally found out the problem. The knob is f*cked, like someone dropped it on its face. If you pull up on it then it starts to charge. Anybody else experience this? Not exactly what I expected from a $700 meter sold as "Brand New In Box".

Return it. If the knob is fkd and it's brand new it should be changed no problems....right? ???

Offline r0d3z1

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #571 on: November 20, 2018, 09:02:56 am »
If anyone is interested in one of the meters or multiple (I have 39 left) email me at nmori87@gmail.com. Would like to stick to PayPal friends and family

do you still have one ?

Offline timelessbeing

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #572 on: November 20, 2018, 10:44:46 am »

Return it. If the knob is fkd and it's brand new it should be changed no problems....right? ???

Wrong. When you jump in at the end of a topic then at least skim page one so you have some idea what it's about.

These meters were sold on eBay. No returns accepted. Such are the pitfalls. I'll double check but I'm sure it's far out of warranty.

Definitely not one the kind of meter that survives Dave's drop tests.

Offline timelessbeing

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #573 on: November 20, 2018, 10:46:41 am »

do you still have one ?

You are more than a year too late. The listing is gone and the seller doesn't have any items for sale.

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #574 on: November 20, 2018, 10:59:35 am »
Sorry for trying to help! Good enough for you got a duff meter  ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf