Author Topic: Can the rigol DS2072A still be hacked with the latest firmware ?  (Read 3928 times)

Offline AztlanpzTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I am thinking on buying today if they are sill can be hack. To add all the functions and bw

Offline AztlanpzTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Can the rigol DS2072A still be hacked with the latest firmware ?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 01:03:52 pm »
Anyone know

Offline nrxnrx

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 05:35:15 pm »
Hi!

I don't have the DS2000, but many here do. If Rigol ever do such a thing, expect it to be very, very visible here. (unless of course, you're the first to find out)

It's an $800+ bet, but I'd take it ;D . At most, you lose ~$100 of the resale value if you're among the first to find out Rigol decided to cut their sales volume.

That said, this other thread made a bit of an impression: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/project-yaigol-fixing-rigol-scope-design-problems/ .

--
Mihai
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 07:00:33 pm by nrxnrx »

Online MarkF

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 08:19:21 pm »
I don't have a ds2000 series scope.  However, the last several pages of the monster thread have detailed instructions which may answer your questions.  Start at Dave92F1 hack summary in the "Sniffing the Rigol's internal I2C bus" thread.

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 09:18:46 pm »
I don't have the DS2000, but many here do. If Rigol ever do such a thing, expect it to be very, very visible here. (unless of course, you're the first to find out)

Yes, you'd definitely feel a big disturbance in The Force if that ever happened.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf