Author Topic: Carry case/bag for Rigol DS2000 scope?  (Read 15453 times)

Offline motocoder

• Supporter
  • Electrical Engineer
Re: Carry case/bag for Rigol DS2000 scope?
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2015, 01:18:35 am »
The bag arrived today. Here are the measurements that I promised. All units in inches - sorry metric fans, that's what my tape measure reads:

Interior main compartment - 18"W x 5.5"D x 10.75"H. You could probably fit something deeper than 5.5" in there as there is some flex. The bag is definitely bigger than my scope, but I'll save some foam packing material next time I get a box with some and use that to pad the voids. The bag has an internal strap to hold down the scope, but there's a fair amount of space between that and the top of the scope. It has 3 external pockets, one big one and 2 smaller ones on the sides. There's also a flap that divides off a small area in the interior next to where the scope goes, and a mesh container underneath the top that is good place to throw probes.

The bag does have a big TEquipment.net logo embroidered in the front flap, so if that sort of thing bothers you, look elsewhere or toss a sticker over the top of it.

It appears to be really well made, and I think will make a good home for my Rigol.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 01:37:52 am by motocoder »

Offline dadler

• Supporter
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2015, 02:25:21 am »
I received mine as well. It was actually a "free gift" when I bought my DSOX3000T, but was backordered over a month.

It is extremely well made, and actually kind of heavy. I like it, but I am not sure I have a use for it. Haven't tested if the DSOX3000T actually fits inside it yet.

Offline alank2

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2015, 04:54:16 pm »
Thanks for the measurements motocoder, I ordered one today.

Offline Melt-O-Tronic

• Frequent Contributor
  • Brilliant with a slaughtering iron in my hand!
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2015, 06:46:05 pm »
I'll throw in another +1 for the TEquipment soft case.  Mine is sitting right here in my office because I brought my scope in for a "Science Friday" demonstration (something my coworkers requested  :D).

I was shocked by how much the retail price went up since I got mine a couple years ago, but the EEVblog price of $50 quoted above makes it a good buy again.  The fit is absolutely perfect.

Offline IDEngineer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2015, 06:03:27 pm »
Add me to the list of folks who have ordered this case. The CASE50 discount appears to have worked perfectly. I did an online chat to confirm dimensions would work for a Rigol DS4024A scope; they claimed it was designed for that series. Their measurements were pretty close to those above in this thread.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf