Author Topic: Carrying bag for Rigol DS1000Z series (Europe)  (Read 4623 times)

Offline tookiTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Carrying bag for Rigol DS1000Z series (Europe)
« on: May 15, 2015, 01:32:00 pm »
So Rigol makes a lovely bag for the DS1000Z series, but it's $55 in USA and nearly twice that here in Switzerland. I can't see spending 1/4 as much on a bag as the whole scope, so I set out to search for something else that might work.

Well, as luck would have it, a few months ago, my old tool bag was bursting at the seams, and so I ordered another one just like it to divide tools amongst. When my Rigol came, I noticed it's awfully similar in size to those bags. So I gave it a try. It literally could not fit better if it had been custom made. The main compartment is rectangular and fits the scope like a glove. The front mesh is perfect for the probes, and the rear pocket works well for the power cord.

The best part? It's a $15 Stanley tool bag. It's the Stanley 12" Tool Bag (part # 93-330, 1-93-330 or STA193330), which still seems to be widely available despite having been on the market since at least 2004, when I got my first one back in USA. (They're tough bags, my old one has been on many service calls over the years.) It doesn't appear to be widely available in USA any more, but the 12" toolbag they sell in USA and UK now is a whopping $10 and might be worth trying anyway.

Here are some sources:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stanley-STA193330-193330-12-inch-Toolbag/dp/B000Y8XYE2
https://www.brack.ch/stanley-werkzeugtasche-333939

Offline Solder_Junkie

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Carrying bag for Rigol DS1000Z series (Europe)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 02:32:46 pm »
Another bag for those in the UK is the TF Banshee Coolbag, item number 121498387909 on eBay.co.uk price £9.99 inc UK delivery. The bag is slightly too big for the DS1000Z, but is more than adequate for the low cost. It is ideal for the DSA800 series of analysers which are slightly larger.

When using a soft bag for a scope or analyser, it's worth placing something tough in front of the screen to avoid accidental damage. Closed cell packing foam is ideal for this.

Offline alsetalokin4017

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 06:14:18 pm »
I got the "official" Rigol bag for 55 dollars from TEquipment. And I'm glad I did. It's more than just a "bag", it's actually a semi-hardshell case, with perfect fit, padding, compartments with room for the probe sets, manual, cables and some "etc". The quality of the fabric, stitching, zippers and clasps is excellent and I like the fact that it has an extra retaining strap inside to hold the scope in place even if the lid is open for some reason.

No, I'm not a salesman for Rigol, I'm just very happy with the bag!

(Sorry about the light...)
The easiest person to fool is yourself. -- Richard Feynman

Offline Fat

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 06:24:37 pm »
I'm debating on a proper bag for mine.  Here the Stanley is $30, which makes the Rigol bag not that much more.

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 08:22:15 pm »
I got the "official" Rigol bag for 55 dollars from TEquipment. And I'm glad I did. It's more than just a "bag", it's actually a semi-hardshell case, with perfect fit, padding, compartments with room for the probe sets, manual, cables and some "etc". The quality of the fabric, stitching, zippers and clasps is excellent and I like the fact that it has an extra retaining strap inside to hold the scope in place even if the lid is open for some reason.
Thanks for the video; that looks like a ver nice bag indeed. Now I'm tempted... Need to find out what they go for in Germany.
(The strap on the back side is probably meant to secure the bag if you stack it on one of those wheeled trolleys with a pull-out handle. Nice touch too.)

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 08:54:51 pm »
I'd imagine most manufacturers do a carry bag, Siglent have a nice one too, well padded with plenty of pockets. But nothing like US$55.  :o
I'll come back with a width measurement.....it's for the SDS1000 series, not sure it will fit a 1054z.

~320mm wide x ~185 H
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 09:45:47 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline continuo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 12:02:07 pm »
Batronix (Germany) sells the original Rigol DS1000 series bag for 70 (!) €... That's crazy...  |O

Thanks for sharing tooki, I'll go with the Stanley bag, 16€ on Amazon.de  :-+

Offline tookiTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 12:38:45 pm »
Gerne geschehen!

Yeah, here in Switzerland, they want 85CHF for the bag. Just insane when you think that the scope itself was just 435... (The lady from the distributor said "Yeah, if I were you I'd look for something cheaper!")

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf