Author Topic: china meters banner and more  (Read 1856 times)

Offline 001Topic starter

• Super Contributor
china meters banner and more
« on: December 12, 2018, 06:43:55 am »
Hi!

I see china meters banner at basement of forum page

But no new treads about "ANENG UNI-T and more"

What does it mean? Is nowbody use it?

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: china meters banner and more
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 06:46:58 am »
It's an affiliate code for Aliexpress.
I use it when I don't have a paying forum banner.

Offline 001Topic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 08:03:56 am »
It's an affiliate code for Aliexpress.
I use it when I don't have a paying forum banner.

The question is not abot banner but about china meters on it
There are many optimistic treads around UT61E, Anengs etc few years ago. And no new treads. Does anybody still use this meters?

Offline Kilrah

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 08:24:06 am »
Yup, but since they work well people probably haven't needed to replace them so don't have the new models  ^-^

Buy one of the new ones and start a thread?

Offline 001Topic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 08:35:24 am »
Buy one of the new ones and start a thread?

Just for fun?  :-DD
But I can`t see NEW ONE. This models old yet. Any news from china manufacturers?

Offline Kilrah

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 08:57:56 am »
Well if you don't see new ones then why would you expect new threads?  :-//

Offline 001Topic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 09:03:30 am »
Well if you don't see new ones then why would you expect new threads?  :-//

It is interesting question
Is meters so poor and nobody use them?
or
Is  meters so great and new model release is not necessary?

Offline MiroS

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 09:36:36 am »

[/quote]
They are landing in trash after a few months of medium/intensive use. I concluded to myself that there is no any sense to buy them, to expose myself for  risk of electric shock .  All-in-all they simply cost much more in total   than to buy branded used one and to have it fully working by next 10 years.

I think I am not alone with that kind of conclusion.  'Cheap meters' is closed chapter for me.

Offline Kilrah

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 10:22:24 am »
They aren't made for "intensive use" or anything mains related obviously, would be crazy to even think about using them that way. I'm perfectly happy with my 8008 for electronic low voltage use when travelling though. As said it does all I need it to, they made a new model but it's that thingy at the bottom left which just replaces the rotary switch with pushbuttons, and I prefer the rotary switch.

The following users thanked this post: 001, Marco1971

Offline MiroS

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 06:20:43 pm »
They aren't made for "intensive use" or anything mains related obviously, would be crazy to even think about using them that way. I'm perfectly happy with my 8008 for electronic low voltage use when travelling though. As said it does all I need it to, they made a new model but it's that thingy at the bottom left which just replaces the rotary switch with pushbuttons, and I prefer the rotary switch.

de gustibus non est disputandum :)

Offline DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 06:28:35 pm »
or

Test equipment product cycles are typically more than a few years (though especially on the less expensive side it is often quicker) and there are long threads of people using and their experience with many of them.  They're not for every use case and you shouldn't expect top quality build or performance out of them, but why the hate?  Why assume they don't function or are all broken within a year or two of launch?  :-//

The following users thanked this post: Kilrah

Offline MiroS

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 06:51:13 pm »
or

Test equipment product cycles are typically more than a few years (though especially on the less expensive side it is often quicker) and there are long threads of people using and their experience with many of them.  They're not for every use case and you shouldn't expect top quality build or performance out of them, but why the hate?  Why assume they don't function or are all broken within a year or two of launch?  :-//

I do not see any sense to buy them if you will think about 3 years period- replacing old by new every year hoping that it finally will simply work ... for 3x30 usd you can have with some really well made, maybe not new, but working well and ... if you will start to  use something better  than you would not  go  back to cheap one. I can tell you that it is not that very hard to find something good for 50 usd or less - I found 87V for 50USD, Tektronix dmm for 25USD, Solatron for 10USD ...

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 08:26:51 pm »
Why assume they don't function or are all broken within a year or two of launch?  :-//

Mine's still working fine after 1.5 years.  :popcorn:

The following users thanked this post: 001

Offline MiroS

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 09:14:38 pm »
Why assume they don't function or are all broken within a year or two of launch?  :-//

Mine's still working fine after 1.5 years.  :popcorn:

I did not count them, but something from 3-4  in  last 2-3 years.  All needed  immediate repair/corrction like  40 USD UT61E  - not populated input 'protection'  MOVs and  drifting with temperature and so on. AN870 immediateli aftre populating bettery made them hot , almost exploding them - battery contacts were bended and made short . I found this after a few minues so imaging what could happened if I woud not recognize this.  btw. after 'repair' I found that that model has bug - it randomely is switching to mV if switch is on V posiotion.  Onother one was stuid mistake of mine - 9V or so attached if switch was on diode position caused  'plush' and it stopped to measure  voltage ...  Another one simply after a few battery replacements  screews were soo loose that the case started to open randomely :)
Yet another case - rotary switch bacome so  loose that useless.

I keep one UT70A alive by  plenty of glue in it, it needs regular aligement.  I keep it alive because it has 2G resistance range combined with logic proble , inductance mesurement and counter up to 10MHz, but if it  will   eventually die,  I will not cry and not replace it with the same brand.

I do not see any sense to any of the them -  'Save the planet' is becoming valid/important  sense here.

p.s.
Yes, I had 'experience' also with Aneng 8008, curiosity was stronger than rational arguments. I gave it to someone after a few days use, as I know that one is simply getting dust.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf