Author Topic: Mooshimeter App.(Solved)  (Read 1117 times)

Online BILLPODTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Mooshimeter App.(Solved)
« on: October 12, 2023, 07:18:36 pm »
Hi All,  I recently took possession of a Mooshimeter and I attempted to download the Android App. necessary to use it.  I went to the Google Play Store, (where the Mooshimeter instructions say to get it), and when I attempt to download it I get the following message:  "This app isn't available for your device because it was made for an older version of Android".   I tried on my cellphone, which has Android 11,  and I tried with my Samsung Galaxy tablet, that has Android 9, and get this message on both.   The Mooshimeter instructions say it will work on Android 4 and NEWER.  I sent an email to the Mooshi support address included in the paperwork, but haven't heard, and doubt I will, based on my experience with similar matters with other companies.  I got it through Amazon and will return it, as without the app, the device is worthless.  I'll give them a week, but in the meantime, I have to ask if anyone here on the forum has had this problem?   Thank you for your time. :-//
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 06:20:09 pm by BILLPOD »

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
Re: Mooshimeter App.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2023, 07:39:52 pm »
You might be able to find the APK by searching, but be careful where you download it from, and scan it before using it. Even if you do get the APK it won't necessarily work.

The reviews for the app (which hasn't been updated since 2018) are pretty bad. I would return it.
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2023, 09:37:15 pm »
I can use the app fine on Android 12.
The app itself works ok for what it needs to do, the average rating is 4.2/5 on google store. Its not perfect but I have yet to see a portable bluetooth meter that is any better.

I attached the APK extracted from my phone, see if that works.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline J-R

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2023, 10:22:53 pm »
I've seen this in the past where Google blocks installing apps but if you already have it and upgrade your OS, it will keep working.  Side-loading the APK is one way around it.  There are also websites that can extract the APK from the Play Store if you don't already have it.  I just did this from two different sites and the resulting files were bit for bit identical to what thm_w posted.

Old cell phones and tablets are cheap, so I'd suggest getting some that you can run custom ROMs, root, etc. for things like this.  Something that is not your primary device.

The following users thanked this post: KungFuJosh

Online BILLPODTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Mooshimeter App.(Solved)
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2023, 06:28:33 pm »
Thank you ALL, but especially to thm_w who attached his Mooshimeter APK, which I downloaded and installed on both my tablet and my cellphone.
My Mooshimeter is now working beautifully, no thanks to the Mooshimeter support people. 

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline artag

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2023, 04:17:26 am »
I'm sorry to hear that, I really like the Mooshimeter. Google stills says the app is available for my phone, which is android 12.
I'd better check it still works ..

The app is open software, though, so perhaps can be updated to make google happy.
https://github.com/mooshim

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2023, 08:40:30 pm »
Just saw an update today for the mooshimeter app (1.055), no notes on github or the manufacturers site about what changes were made. Probably a compatibility update to mark as installable on android 13.

A few are in stock on Amazon at $135: https://www.amazon.com/Mooshim-DMM-BLE-2x01A-Mooshimeter-Wireless-Multimeter/dp/B011W4L7JA/
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

The following users thanked this post: artag

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf