Author Topic: ComTEKK SINAD meter  (Read 1024 times)

Offline tozitomTopic starter

• Contributor
ComTEKK SINAD meter
« on: May 15, 2019, 10:23:56 am »
hi forum,
has anyone tested this app? I've been working around with it, with free 30 days trial version and wonder if anyone has any axperience? is it accurate? As I don't have a SINAD meter (yet), I just want to know more about it.

Thanks

Offline Rerouter

• Super Contributor
  • Question Everything... Except This Statement
Re: ComTEKK SINAD meter
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 10:47:33 am »
Cannot speak for that app at all, but on the principle of how higher end equipment measures it, it seems within the scope of what a phone or similar device could process, seeing as it seems to mainly use digital filtering and process based on a ADC data feed, with unless I am mistaken no significant hardware in the path, however where I would take caution is that I am not sure with modern phones you can ever access the true "RAW Feed", for the internal microphone, I would assume its run though atleast some level of filtering before its handed to the application which may alter the readings your expecting

At a minimum you could likely also approach this with a PC's mic in, and run an android emulator to allow you some better hardware in the mix,

Best reference I was able to dig up for how the measurements are done was below.
http://www.miko.hk/IFR/885.pdf

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf