Author Topic: Data Precision Nixie DMM – manual and identification of power lead please!  (Read 2062 times)

Offline Chris56000Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Hi!

Can any of our knowledgeable US Gurus identify this power I/p connector on this Nixie DMM for me, and point me in the direction of a instruction/maintainance manual for it please?

Chris Williams
It's an enigma that's what it is!! This thing's not fixed because it doesn't want to be fixed!!

Offline factory

• Super Contributor
Hi!

Can any of our knowledgeable US Gurus identify this power I/p connector on this Nixie DMM for me, and point me in the direction of a instruction/maintainance manual for it please?

Chris Williams

Not sure anyone can help without knowing the model number of the meter, also a picture of the connector you want identifying would help.

David

Offline Chris56000Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Hi!

My apologies – I thought I'd attached piccies to my query but it looks like they went walkabouts!

I'll retake the pictures and add them to my post!

Chris Williams
It's an enigma that's what it is!! This thing's not fixed because it doesn't want to be fixed!!

Offline tropicalSpeed

Hi Chris,
I just purchased a Data Precision DMM with the I/O connector on the rear of the unit. Mine is a Model 2440,
Did you have any luck finding a manual? If you do, could you please share it with me?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 02:06:30 pm by tropicalSpeed »

Offline factory

• Super Contributor
Hi!

My apologies – I thought I'd attached piccies to my query but it looks like they went walkabouts!

I'll retake the pictures and add them to my post!

Chris Williams

If it looks like the in the picture posted by tropicalSpeed then it's one of the Belden, Volex & Alpha round pin power cords with the oval PH163 connector, these turn up regularly on ebay in the US both new & used, it seems they were also used on some audio equipment too.
I did see some in Germany but can't find them now (probably just as expensive as the ones in the USA).

Also Sphere have new ones at this page, scroll down the page to find them:
http://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/hp1.html
I bought a couple from them a few years ago.

I know the polarity of the live & neutral pins is reversed on the cables used for HP equipment, not sure about other test equipment brands, information on the second page of the attached pdf.

David

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf