Author Topic: High-resolution 100MSa/sec DSO's (or digitizers) ?  (Read 1044 times)

Offline precaudTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • LinearZ
High-resolution 100MSa/sec DSO's (or digitizers) ?
« on: December 15, 2017, 03:32:30 pm »
I have a Lecroy 9430 10-bit 100MSa/sec DSO that has been very useful in its frequency range, but I would like some more bit depth; 12- to 16-bits @ 100MSa/sec. Any ideas on what is (or has been) available ? I would prefer used gear, as this is not a config that gets used every day.

Offline Pitrsek

• Regular Contributor
Re: High-resolution 100MSa/sec DSO's (or digitizers) ?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 04:28:04 pm »
Analog discovery 2 - 2x 1M?, ±25V, differential, 14-bit, 100MS/s, 30MHz+
Red Pitaya - 2x  1M?, 125 Msps, 14 bits, 50MHz
Picoscope 5000 - up-to 16bits. really nice, really pricey.

Analog discovery is nice piece of kit, if you can live with the bandwidth. No personal experience with Red Pitaya. Friend of mine has an older version of 12bit Picoscope and loves it.

Offline MrW0lf

• Frequent Contributor
    • lab!fyi
Re: High-resolution 100MSa/sec DSO's (or digitizers) ?
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 07:56:28 pm »
Depending on the task AD2 memory size might be a limitation eg it will start severely losing sampling rate at large timebases:
https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/instrumentation/analog-discovery-2/reference-manual
Default Scope buffer size is 8kSamples/channel. The WaveForms Device Manager provides alternate FPGA configuration files, with different resource allocation. With no memory allocated to the Digital I/O and reduced memory assigned to the AWG, the scope buffer size can be chosen to be 16kSamples/channel.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf