Author Topic: Looking for a E3632A Agilent Power Supply VFD (Display Unit)  (Read 2890 times)

Offline HugoneusTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • The Signal Path Video Blog
Looking for a E3632A Agilent Power Supply VFD (Display Unit)
« on: September 04, 2017, 03:45:30 am »
Hello all,

Do any of you have a E3631-60003 for HP/Agilent Power Supply E3632A? This is the VFD display for a unit I am trying to repair.

Thanks,

Offline 3db

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Looking for a E3632A Agilent Power Supply VFD (Display Unit)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 07:45:58 am »
Hello all,

Do any of you have a E3631-60003 for HP/Agilent Power Supply E3632A? This is the VFD display for a unit I am trying to repair.

Thanks,

Hi Shahriar
There are some displays for sale here http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Agilent-Keysight-E3632-60003-VDH-Display-for-E3632A-/201789263419?hash=item2efb93ce3b:g:SU8AAOSwnHZYgnke

3DB

P.S. Love your Youtube channel

« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 03:26:53 pm by 3db »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 04:38:44 pm »
Hello all,

Thanks,

Hi Shahriar
There are some displays for sale here http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Agilent-Keysight-E3632-60003-VDH-Display-for-E3632A-/201789263419?hash=item2efb93ce3b:g:SU8AAOSwnHZYgnke

3DB

P.S. Love your Youtube channel

Thanks!

I saw that one, but if you look at the photo you can see that it is not the right VFD module. It does not have the correct labels. I sent them a message to see if the image is wrong.

Online HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 04:46:50 pm »
Did you ask Keysight for this part.

Even if it is no longer officially available, I have been very lucky that they "found" a missing part in their drawer, when I needed a similar display in the past.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline anotherlin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 08:12:02 pm »
Did you ask Keysight for this part.
Even if it is no longer officially available, I have been very lucky that they "found" a missing part in their drawer, when I needed a similar display in the past.

Do they sell to individual (hobbyiest)? How are the prices? Are they reasonnable?
I'm looking for some replacement binding post for my HP supply, basically just like those on the e361x series.
Can I get them from keysight for less than 10 euros shipped?
"Lots of people have made $100K or more mistakes and didn't get the boot. It's called training, why fire them after such an expensive lesson?" -- EEVblog Electronics Community Forum

Offline vinicius.jlantunes

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 08:26:55 pm »
I have a E3634A which I suspect uses the same display? The unit I have is not working and I have given up trying to repair it (https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/agilent-e3634a-fails-with-error-718/).

I would be very happy to give you the entire unit as I have learned a lot from your channel and I have failed fixing it - perhaps there is some other common bits that could come handy to you?
If you happen to have something surplus to you that you would be willing to give me in return I would appreciate, but if not I would be perfectly happy still. As said, I have watched a lot of your videos and learned a lot from it.

I have a schedule trip to the US in the coming weeks which means I could take the unit with me and ship it from Houston (where I will be).

When I get home I will try to make sure the display is indeed the same.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 10:58:12 pm »
I have a E3634A which I suspect uses the same display? The unit I have is not working and I have given up trying to repair it (https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/agilent-e3634a-fails-with-error-718/).

I would be very happy to give you the entire unit as I have learned a lot from your channel and I have failed fixing it - perhaps there is some other common bits that could come handy to you?
If you happen to have something surplus to you that you would be willing to give me in return I would appreciate, but if not I would be perfectly happy still. As said, I have watched a lot of your videos and learned a lot from it.

I have a schedule trip to the US in the coming weeks which means I could take the unit with me and ship it from Houston (where I will be).

When I get home I will try to make sure the display is indeed the same.

Thanks, that is very generous of you. The issue is that the VFD is not the same between the units. This is because my unit has 15V and 30V markers on the VFD, your unit will have 25V and 50V I think...

Offline vinicius.jlantunes

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 12:02:42 pm »
Hum... I see...

Well my trip to the US had to be canceled / postponed due to the storm as well... so that didn't work either.

Good luck with your search!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf