Author Topic: Fluke 117 LCD low contrast  (Read 3103 times)

Offline M0UKDTopic starter

• Contributor
Fluke 117 LCD low contrast
« on: November 10, 2017, 11:06:56 pm »
Hi all.

I have a Fluke 117 and as known, the 11X series have poor LCD contrast (Compared to my 179, it's very bad). I was wondering if it would be possible to somehow modify the meter to increase the LCD contrast, like an LCD current increase perhaps?

Is there anyone with knowledge on Fluke LCD drivers that may be able to advise? I love the meter, but the contrast is horrible when viewed straight on, I always find myself looking at it from a silly low angle to make it look OK!

Cheers, John.

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
Re: Fluke 117 LCD low contrast
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 01:19:00 am »
I have heard of this problem before but never seen it and own both a Fluke 115 and 117, in my case though they are probably up there as two of the better viewing meters that I own, anyway a picture saves a thousand words so a couple of images below of other meters for comparison, all of these meters still retain the screen protectors intact but the one on the 117 is not the original. After these images were taken the BM-235 pictured below was modified to increase the contrast which made a tremendous improvement to the screen clarity.

Another thread is linked below which mentions a similar display issue including some handy information in relation to the zebra strips, in my view it would be nice if manufacturers could include a trimmer for the contrast adjustment so people could tweak the display for their own individual requirements, probably too much to ask for I suppose.

Fluke Problem Thread.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/fluke-problem/ 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf