Author Topic: DSOX2000 and 3000 series - licence , have anyone tried to hack that scope ?  (Read 1115693 times)

YuanHuihua and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
Our command line is -l All -l SCPIPS

I see you have been playing already :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 06:02:37 pm by PA0PBZ »
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

The following users thanked this post: Andrew

Offline Daxxin

• Regular Contributor
I see you have been playing already :)

:-DD Done ..tried another nk.bin but crashed too ..so i put 2.35 inside a folder  and with booted scope i did the update to 2.35 everything fine  :P

thanks a lot for helping guys
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 06:27:53 pm by Daxxin »

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
Done ..tried another nk.bin but crashed too ..so i put 2.35 inside a folder  and with booted scope i did the update to 2.35 everything fine  :P

Well done... any idea what caused this? Probably not but good to see that you made it this far  :-+

You might as well update a bit further to get the corruption prevention, 2.41 should be fine.

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
Anyone got recommendations (tips/tricks) on how to attack the InfiniiVision 1000 X-Series? Unlock the three licenses DSOX1EMBD, DSOX1B7T102 and DSOX1AUTO.

Does it have a RS232 console port? I'd start by logging the boot sequence.
Keysight 1000X hack attempts: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/blog/eevblog-978-keysight-1000x-hacking/msg1154923/#msg1154923

Offline Daxxin

• Regular Contributor
Done ..tried another nk.bin but crashed too ..so i put 2.35 inside a folder  and with booted scope i did the update to 2.35 everything fine  :P

Well done... any idea what caused this? Probably not but good to see that you made it this far  :-+

You might as well update a bit further to get the corruption prevention, 2.41 should be fine.

really no idea what i happened , now i need to read well the 3ad if and how prepare modified stick
and let untouched internsl flash ...by the way this the orrible self made home lan card

::)

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
Anyone got recommendations (tips/tricks) on how to attack the InfiniiVision 1000 X-Series? Unlock the three licenses DSOX1EMBD, DSOX1B7T102 and DSOX1AUTO.

Does it have a RS232 console port? I'd start by logging the boot sequence.
Keysight 1000X hack attempts: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/blog/eevblog-978-keysight-1000x-hacking/msg1154923/#msg1154923

Ah yes, I totally forgot about that one  :palm:

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
by the way this the orrible self made home lan card

Well, it did the job so it's excellent :)

Offline TheAmmoniacal

• Supporter
Anyone have a good photo (high res, IC models visible) of the 2000 X series, PCB area where the LAN connects?

Offline Daxxin

• Regular Contributor
Anyone have a good photo (high res, IC models visible) of the 2000 X series, PCB area where the LAN connects?
Lan card have a edge connector 80pin its very well visible in the right hand side around the center in vertical
but they asked if you have serial connector inside my 2012a there only 1 connector 2 rows with 5 pin if you look at this
3ad past pics there also pinout.

Offline ELIK

• Contributor
Are you working with firmware version 4.08.2016071801?

I've been trying at this, but even an unpatched infiniiVisionCore.dll from the firmware image is giving me issues. With CFF Explorer, you can see its header has the machine type set to MIPS R4000, yet the disassembled instructions only make sense if you treat it as ARM.

About version 4.08 - no, sorry, have no any versions older than 7.10 for my scope. Very interest to look at this update pack.

By the way, have anyone the oldest update files by these MSOX300T? Will be great if you can share older files here.

About dll.
Mmm.. Yes, I saw this strange thing with it (MIPS), but after editing of one sign byte in this .dll file, the IDA detects this dll properly and disassemble it successfully, as ARM. Say more, the lot of DLLs inside nk.bin are have sign "MIPS" but have a code absolutely not for MIPS MCU. I think, the WinCE core ignore this sign byte, maybe this byte was maded for us, for make disassembly impossible. It's my opinion only.

Now, because have no DSOXLAN, I have a fight with MagJack for LAN pcb - can't found it somewhere not far from me... Thinking, for the first probe, use the usual separated pair of LAN frontend: transformer pack + usual LAN connector.

Offline Daxxin

• Regular Contributor
For what i remember MIPS R4000 was the chip of playstation 1 ..so far away years ago  or SGI graphics workstation Unix Irix driven.

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor

Offline Sbampato12

• Regular Contributor
Tested here in a 2014A, firmware 2.42 the LAN hack still working to me.

I don't remember if it is discussed before, but when --help, it has --4GSa and --5GSa, but seens to take no effect on DSOX2000.

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
I don't remember if it is discussed before, but when --help, it has --4GSa and --5GSa, but seens to take no effect on DSOX2000.

There's no need for --help, when you do something invalid like --eevblog it will spit out the options also :)

Offline Sbampato12

• Regular Contributor

There's no need for --help, when you do something invalid like --eevblog it will spit out the options also :)

Yep, it did it with the --forcemaxmem option. But the --perf is ok.

Offline Ivan7enych

• Regular Contributor
    • My astronomy projects
Thanks to all, who made this mod possible!

I've got on ebay DSOX3014 model, already unlocked to 200MHz.

with -l BW20 unlock it shows 1.7ns rise time,
after all required components replacement to 350MHz model it shows 940ps rise time,

with -l BW50 option it shows 660ps rise time
and 600MHz signal looks very good (little amplitude drop) and trigger is very stable (actually trigger works well up to 1GHz, but amplitude drops significantly).

It was tested with NWT6000 board (25M-6GHz), it generates good rectangular shape signals, at least my old tek 744 -> 784 sees 350ps rise time.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 01:56:36 pm by Ivan7enych »

Offline sportq

• Regular Contributor
If anyone needs a DSOXLAN I've got 2 left over from an OSHPark order (minimum order is 3 pcbs). Assembled and tested.

UPDATE: Both boards now sold.

Pete
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 08:24:03 pm by sportq »

Offline ELIK

• Contributor
The "tramp" version of DSOXLAN PCB, with standalone pulse transformer and SMD RJ45 Jack. Was made for the items from my trash under the table  :D
If anyone have interest, I can present the gerbers of this pcb.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 08:30:56 am by ELIK »

The following users thanked this post: daflory, Andrew, mrjiffy6

Offline tivoi

• Contributor
you mentioned "bricked the scope" ,i'm not good at english ,does it mean this way may be harmful to scope  ,such as breaking the scope ?
DE BD7JAT
Yes, a wrong step or wrong link might lead to your scope being unusable, and you'd need to send it back to the factory for repair.
That being said... has anyone actually BRICKED their scope yet? I don't remember of one but eh... it's quite a long thread.

Also, I've attached the file all inside a zip. The steps are basically :

1) Extract all files (including the .lnk) to the root of your usb drive
2) From the scope's front panel, press Utility ->File Explorer -> Press to go to: <USB Drive label>(usually "usb")
3) From the drop down, scroll to the v241_link_install.cab to select
4) Press Load file

The scope will ask for your confirmation and then it will load/update and reboot.

FYI, my link file is :
160#\Secure\infiniiVision\infiniivisionLauncher.exe -l DIS -l MSO --perf -l MEMUP -l SCPIPS -l CABLE -l SGMC -l FLEXC -l TOM -l BW20 -l ADVMATH -l EMBD -l EDK -l VID

the other cab uninstall the link file and restores your previous setting.

Cheers

i was test with dsox2014 V2.42 , it work well
thanks you

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
Bumping up this thread again. I am still dreaming of the 1 GHz mod for the 3000T series - we're still looking for someone to remove and measure a few capacitors from the front end of one channel(from a 3104A or 3104T). Or someone sell me one for a reasonable price and I'll measure the caps. I am also offering a reward of an Agilent 2.5 GHz active probe with case and accessories to the person who gets the values for us. I'll pay for shipping anywhere in the world as well.
VE7FM

The following users thanked this post: telengard, adranp, Andrew, JeffreyLatter

Offline TheCloser

Hi guys,
please forgive me if this question has been asked and answered before (I have read the last 30 pages or so) - How can you tell which number to put at the beginning of the the file - I've seen all sorts of numbers - 53#, 160# and etc.
Thanks in advanced!

Offline georgd

• Regular Contributor
The number in front of command line is the count of characters in it.

The following users thanked this post: Andrew, TheCloser

Offline TheCloser

Great!
Many many thanks!

Offline ELIK

• Contributor
Count of all symbols after #

The following users thanked this post: Andrew, TheCloser

Offline daflory

• Contributor
The "trump" version of DSOXLAN PCB, with standalone pulse transformer and SMD RJ45 Jack.   :D
If anyone have interest, I can present the gerbers of this pcb.

This a beautiful LAN card. I especially like the fact that it has LED's and nicely radiused edges. That big pulse transformer also inspires confidence.
Did you design this yourself? Do you have any for sale, or that gerbers you mentioned with a BOM?
Thanks!

The following users thanked this post: Andrew, ELIK

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf